The adversaries face off....

Quaralane: As I told you on Youtube, she has paint on her now. A primer coat, then an Alclad gloss black and tonight Alclad gloss clear. I haven't worked with the Alclad paints before, it was very interesting how that black paint went on. But the finish is better than I have seen with any acrylic..

Thank You Igard, and Military!!

I have been making videos, just not taking the time to edit and upload them. Expect a rush of them in the next few days. By my count I have five or six in the can. I have been concentrating on getting things done more than making videos.

Now the happy part. I have four things left and this dio is done!!

1) King Gidrah needs the Alclad gold paint applied, and then clear coated with details added to teeth and nails. Eyes will also need paint.
2) Godzilla needs a clear coat.
3) Concrete around castle needs to be painted one more time
4) I still need to add six more trees to the dio
5) I need to add all the little itty bitty people to the dio, running and screaming in panic

Now I don't even want to talk about where the polar bear is.... The last video I put up on the bear is pretty much were it is sitting. But I have until Thursday, so I should be able to get it done.

Now a couple of photos, the first one is Godzilla and he is now. I did some highlights So tell me what you think:

20110627_16.jpg

This next one is from the base while I was testing out locations and photo angles. Godzilla wasn't done at that time

20110627_5.jpg

If you look at the above photo carefully, you can see king Gidrah's wing over the castle....

Godzilla is looking MEAN!

5) I need to add all the little itty bitty people to the dio, running and screaming in panic

Quite right, save the most fun part 'til last. ;D

Looking good G!

One bit on the Alclad gloss. I tried it on the Panther a day or two ago and it dried rough in some spots. I believe it is because I didn't get it "wet" enough because some areas that I thought I may have ran actually came out quite nice. I haven't had time to revisit it but my hunch is that it needs to go on a bit heavy.

Igard: That is why I am saving it for last.....

ShutterAce: I didn't have a problem with it. I just sprayed it until it looked wet. (Which was hard to tell on a gloss black base.) I did put it on a bit heavy in a few places, but for the most part just a thin coat.

Thanks Merseajohn

GRENDELS,

AWESOME JOB !! I too an waiting for th final reveal ! How are you diggin' on th AlClad. It's Awesome stuff !

I'm staying tuned !! Can't wait !

Looks really good, John.
And I think the highlights on Godzilla nailed things perfectly

Grendels

What can I say that hasn't been said GREAT work on this looking forward to the big picture.

XXXNITRO

Thank you XXXNITRO, Military, and Quaralane.

Panzerace007: The AlClad paints are very different from what I am use to. The gloss black base was very "runny" when I sprayed it. So I went with very light coats and slowly built up the color. That isn't very different from my normal procedure, but with this I went a bit slower.

The finish was very nice, once cured. It took over 24 hours to cure to my satisfaction.

The Aqua gloss clear was thinner than future, but went on very well and I had no trouble with it. I liked that water was the suggested clean up.

Now the best part. The pale gold AlClad was great. Went on very smooth, color saturation is very good, and it looks very metallic. I can't touch it right now, because I just got done with the final coat. I will get a photo or two in the next two days.

I only have tomorrow left on this, and maybe a bit of time on Thursday. Wednesday is all about work, no way I can do any work on these two entries.....

And tonight I had a disappointment. I was using clear resin for the water in the base for this, and it got out of its containment and ate up some of the pink foam board I was using for the base. No worries, nothing important was destroyed, but I don't know if I can put anything in there now for water. It just ate its way through too much of the pink foam board. I will know more in the morning once it has had time to cure up a bit. The big problem is that this took up a lot of time. Time I didn't have to waste, so now I am worried about finishing up the polar bear.... Such is life.

Nice sneak peek G!!! The excitement builds....loooking forward to your finish!! ;D

Grendels said:
And tonight I had a disappointment. I was using clear resin for the water in the base for this, and it got out of its containment and ate up some of the pink foam board I was using for the base. No worries, nothing important was destroyed, but I don't know if I can put anything in there now for water. It just ate its way through too much of the pink foam board. I will know more in the morning once it has had time to cure up a bit. The big problem is that this took up a lot of time. Time I didn't have to waste, so now I am worried about finishing up the polar bear.... Such is life.

Clear resin was the bane of my life on the Defiant build also. The stuff just wants to run everywhere.

It's a shame for Mr Bear if you don't get him finished in time, but, as you say, such is life and afterlife. :)

Good luck!

TRM, Military and Bizarre: Thank You!!

Igard: I got Mr. Bear done tonight. So he is in, I won't get photos done until Thursday, but he is done!!

I repaired the damage done by the resin today, just a bit more to do, my next water substitute is going to be given a try tonight. If it works, all I have left is to paint up King Gidrah's mouths, attach the castle to the base and add people. This will get done!!!

Here is the next update with another teaser photo. Expect a LOT of videos on Thursday and Friday to finish her up.

20110627_7.jpgIMAG0149.jpg

And Youtube:

King Gidrah: Getting ready for paint

Love this G!!!! Great work to Big King G....you are a master of Scale(s) LOL!! Cool over the shoulder shot on the first pic!!! ;) Down to the Wire!!!!

Glad to hear you're winning with it again, Grendels. Should've known all it would take is a few sleepless nights! ;)

King Ghidrah looks amazing!

Hi Grendels

This is just a great Dio.The dio that wont end it so big for such a small scale I love it ;D ;D.Well back to the bench to finish off FrankinMini.

Good Luck.........XXXNITRO

Excellent progress, John. Your hard work is paying off. As is your patience.
Glad to see this getting there for you

Latest posts

Back