The adversaries face off....

Brilliantly done Grendels, so much time and effort gone into this and it`s paid off big time...........well done buddy ;D

`Boots`

Could almost hear Godzilla's roar as I looked at those pics.
Excellent work, John.
My hat's off to you

This came out wonderful. Your hard work and dedication to your craft is so evident in the final piece. All i can say is wow. On that resin leak i recall an article in Fine Scale Modeler back in the early 90's and they guy poured resin but before he did it he lined the base with tin foil to prevent it from leaking through. That might be a soulution for the next time. again wonderful project!!!! You got my vote.

Can't wait to see whats up next on your build list.

That is looking bloody brilliant man,You should be proud of that dio,Great stuff!.

JMac: Thank you! Numerous comments were like yours. This thing sure was a trial for me, and I am glad that you and others followed along.

Thank you ModelMakerMike, StanSmith, Java, Tanker52, 'Boots', and SLW45

RocketSilo: I made the cliffs using Woodland Scenics rock molds. The casting material was plaster of paris. Once done, I took the various pieces and just arranged them in a way that would remind me of rock faces I saw as a kid growing up in Colorado.

Igard: I really didn't grasp the size of these two until I built up this diorama. King Gidrah is freaking huge! If this thing was flying around my area I would be running like tomorrow was yesterday. I would not even want to get a glimps of this thing. But like a train wreck you might have to stop and watch.

Thank you Quaralane, I did imagine a few roars as I was taking photos.....

noc5659: I thought I had put down a layer of either plaster or paint on the sides to prevent this sort of thing. Well the resin told me otherwise. It didn't eat through anywhere I had the paint or the plaster. In the future I will hit it with rattle can primer. That will fix it up. Thank you for the tip! I did try to use foil as the stopper on the end of the river.

Great work here, Grendels!!
You've done a huge job with all this. The creatures, the castle, surrounding, waterfall, everything!
I take my hat off for the amount of work, patience and skills You've put into this. Bravo!

Just speechless until now. (As usual after regarding your models!)
Great Diorama, I just watched some Godzilla-Movies. Your diorama looks familiar :)

That humans down there better should run for cover, hehehe!

the word "GRAND" comes to mind !!!!

John, better Hold your Hat.... a storm is coming.....

Your name will be remembered !!!

King G is wicked !!! the sheen is just Perfect..... just like in the movie !

great job overall !!! I hope you will get back to us once you have fixed the base
and made your Glass case... should be pretty cool once all boxed in !

a great conversation piece...

later buddy !

Awsome work grendels! Its been a real joy watching the whole build! It all looks to scale and the detail is outstanding! Well done.

I want to thank all of you for the wonderful comments. This build was a once in a life time thing. I don't know if I can beat my work on this entry in the future. But I do know I will sure try to beat it for next years contest.

Good luck to all of you.

I have to throw my congrats in as well. It was so much fun following your build. I learned a lot by watching them. Thank you for the vids.

I'll just echo what hilld said. As much as fun as it is watching the vids, there's also alot to be learned from them. The fact that you're a teacher, Grendels, really shines through and helps alot. Very direct and succinct (something I'm not).

hilld said:
I have to throw my congrats in as well. It was so much fun following your build. I learned a lot by watching them. Thank you for the vids.

You are more than welcome for the vids! And I am glad you learned a lot. This thing was a learning experience for me. I am no longer afraid of monster kits....

And you too are welcome Igard, I am sure my teaching habits are showing in the videos.

Latest posts

Back