THANK YOU VETS!!

echo139er

Majestic Order of Jocular Outcasts
There simply aren't enough words or strong enough words to show our appreciation for those of you whom have made incredible sacrifices out of love for and devotion to this country. You fought to defend our freedom and have done far more than swear your allegiance; you have literally put your lives on the line. Many have given their lives or suffered in untold ways, so that we could live soundly and safely in our homes. We will never forget what you have done for us; we honor you now and always. Thank you!

I've tried to put myself in the shoes of a soldier on the front lines somewhere in Europe. How scary and unreal that must have been. If you were walking down the street and the person ahead of you was shot, well I think that would effect you quite a bit. Imagine dozens of your mates falling around you not knowing if/when you were next. Countless hardships we've never experienced. Imagine all the lives lost and altered by all the wars from past to present. Yet people still are not able to get along and learn to compromise. Many entities out there still want more than their share. Still not able to realise that anothers life holds the same value as their own.

There really are no words to truly express the debt of gratitude owed to our vets! Being the son of a Vietnam Vet I was always proud of what my dad did, even when kids in school told me that their parents said what my dad did was wrong. My dad instilled in me that the best I could to when I meet a Veteran is to Shake Their Hand and say Thank You! THANK YOU!!! and Happy Veterans Day!

Yes thank you to all veterans on this day past
and present......and thank you for your constant
and continual sacrifices!

I 2nd that. I've been working on models all day and just thinking about the sacrifice so many have made so that I can be free.

darn I missed this thread , I thought a lot about the sacrifices these past few months ,, my family is military , my dad served 3 tours in vietnam, my oldest brother was also there during my dad's 3rd tour ..imagine that,and both in the Army , than my next oldest served in the navy on the enterprise. during conflict.Both brothers have passed away now.
I always let them know how proud I am of them while they were gone doing battle during those years.

So I joined the USAF in 79 and served my duty as well in the 1st mobile Combat comm squadron,, thankfully nothing "major" broke out during my tenure, it was quite a tense period to say the least
but I was willing and ready to do the same.

RIP and Thanks Bro's , Kenneth and Jimmy.
Dad, well no signs of slowing him down ..lol

and thanks to all who have and are in service, and to those who gave the ultimate sacrifice

I walked the Beaches of Normandy back in 1992 while stationed in Europe and I was shocked by the Total lack of Cover the Allies had during the beach landing on D-Day !
Your Heart sinks when you get to the cemeteries there... Either American, Canadian or even the German one !!! The sheer amount of grave markers is overwhelming.... and humbling!
<Lest we forget>

Latest posts

Back