Tamya Panel Line Accent

stretch

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
211
The Tamiya Panel Line Accent makes plastic brittle. So much so that I've had some parts of models literally fall apart. Is there an alternative I can use ??
 

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Joined
Jan 4, 2011
Messages
5,645
How about from one of this years comp sponsors:
http://ak-interactive.com/v2/?product=paneliner-for-black-camouflage
 

stretch

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
211
Alkosh said:
Are you using it on bare plastic?
Yeah, using it on bare plastic. Specifically a Bandai SW C-3PO.. his hand decided to let itself go into a couple of pieces. The Tamiya panel liner is remarkably aggresive
JohnSimmons said:
How about from one of this years comp sponsors:
http://ak-interactive.com/v2/?product=paneliner-for-black-camouflage
I'll have a look around and see if I can find some of that. Thanks John.
 

Alkosh

New Member
Joined
Jun 28, 2015
Messages
27
stretch said:
Yeah, using it on bare plastic. Specifically a Bandai SW C-3PO.. his hand decided to let itself go into a couple of pieces. The Tamiya panel liner is remarkably aggresive

Yeah. It shouldn't be used on bare plastic. You might want to try a water based wash/ink and look up how Gundam modelers handle panel lines on bare plastic.
 

stretch

Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2012
Messages
211
Alkosh said:
stretch said:
Yeah, using it on bare plastic. Specifically a Bandai SW C-3PO.. his hand decided to let itself go into a couple of pieces. The Tamiya panel liner is remarkably aggresive

Yeah. It shouldn't be used on bare plastic. You might want to try a water based wash/ink and look up how Gundam modelers handle panel lines on bare plastic.
Yeah thanks mate.
I'll be browsing a few Gundam forums for a while I think.
 

Go Flight

New Member
Joined
May 11, 2009
Messages
174
Vallejo makes a number of washes in various colors as does Citadel. I really like Citadel, but they can be expensive for the amount of wash you get. HTH
 

Grendels

Active Member
Joined
Nov 24, 2009
Messages
9,080
If you go to your big box hobby shop, you can find archival quality inks. I use them on Gundams and they thin with turpentine. They come in various colors too.
 

Latest posts

Top