How to use Panel Line Accent?

rskd0001

Reaction score
I paint with Vallejo paint by brush. Then I use Testors Glosscote to seal it. Then apply the Tamiya Panel line wash. The problem is trying to remove the excess panel wash from the surface. I use Testors enamel thinner on a q-tip to try to clean it. I must be doing something wrong because it NEVER works. the thinner doesn't remove anything at first, and by the time it does remove the wash, it removes the glosscote as well and damages the acrylic paint layers too. Is something in there incompatible with something else? Is there something better to use than a Q-tip, because the cotton tip falls apart so quickly as to be useless. I have no idea what I am doing wrong so ANY insight will be very helpful.

urumomo

Reaction score
Use an acrylic clear coat .
That Testors is a lacquer and really weak when topping it with other solvent based coating like that Tamiya wash .
-- or an alkyd ( enamel ) clear coat if you need to use rattle can .
You actually don't need to clear coat prior to applying other effects like washes and decals .
Try out the wash on some practice assembly that you have painted with acrylic but have not clear coated to see .

Latest posts