Tamiya U.S. Marine M60A1

jellis11

Hey guys, I'm just starting the Tamiya 1/35 M60A1 with Reactive Armor and although I'm not new to the world of styrene, I am sort of a noob to armor kits. I'd like to fit this tank with some after market products such as PE, metal gun barrel, tracks, etc. I've looked on the Eduard web site, but have not been able to find anything available. I know this is an old kit, but are there actually any add ons available for it? Any suggestions on resources?

I'll post some progress pics in the next few days.

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks Thunder....I'll check it out. Although, I think I may wait and get a little saltier on the armor kits first. Here is where I am thus far.....

20140804_065744800x450_zps543e28c9.jpg
20140804_065721800x450_zps6e2eb784.jpg
20140804_065706800x450_zps728132bc.jpg

I filled in the holes where I am assuming the batteries and gear box went for the motorized version of this kit, then began attaching all of the shocks, lift hooks and other miscellaneous parts.
I still have a lot of detail work and clean up to do on the lower hull and I plan on drilling out the open areas in the "idler arms" (?)

Thanks for looking and any advice or constructive criticism is welcome (be gentle, this is only the second tank I have ever done)

Built this one, can't wait to see how yours is going to come along. Good luck.

Thanks ulvdemon! I will definitely get more progress photos up in the next day or so. One thing I have found so far that I am very disappointed in is the shocks....the lower end goes NOWHERE! What did you do if anything to correct this? I know that the majority of this issue will be hidden behind the wheels and tracks, but not all of it.

I thought about breaking these off and redoing them with brass rod, but would it be worth the trouble in the end?
20140804_065744shock800x450_zps9b13b956.jpg

When I got the kit, this step was already completed and the bottom hull painted OD. I just continued on from that point and painted it in a desert scheme. As I recall from other sources, it is going to sit high due to the tank it was based on being a static model and not loaded at the time.

Latest posts

Back