M60A1 build

Excellent work!
Thank you, just need this dang barrel to ship but the seller choose the slowest possible methode of shipping it seems. The sad part is when I get to this point in the build I fuss around about small details and weathering and if I let my self get to bored I feel I do more damage then good lol..
I gotta find my self another kit I just don't have any ideas in my 40 dollar price range at the moment.
I'm not fixed on armor it could be an aircraft or a ship, but I want something with some complexity, something that stands out as different the reason this tank caught my eye was the fact that the M60A1 has been used for quite some time by many different countries but the Explosive reactive armor kit makes it look much more unique and a bit more modern.
I have some dream sheet kits but I'm saving them for Christmas gifts to my self such as the Bradley, the HEMTT Tactical Fire Fighting Truck, the D9R armored bulldozer, the USS Alaska 1/350 version, and the F/14 tomcat but those are all kits that I'm gonna buy the highest end kits I can find. I gotta find something else to pass the time

The Barrel upgrade came finally, and while I think it's I guess a better quality representation I'm not sure what all the fuss is about or why the price for the part was that high but I can't say I'm disappointed.
PXL_20221020_182348777.MP.jpg
After removing the old barrel and assembling the new one I had alittle learning curve on painting aluminum and getting the pain to stick, I ran out of the Tamiya color and then had to fight with the vellejo color to get it to spray a smooth enough coat of paint .

I'm waiting for the glue to set and the paint to cure before I finish the last of the detailing and apply some decals

PXL_20221020_191141186.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_191222005.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_191200186.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_191151189.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_191141186.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_191135455.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_191124973.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_191005914.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20221020_190956383.PORTRAIT.jpg
So here it is together and done up it'll probably get a little more work and maybe some stowage down the line but it's completed

Attachments

• PXL_20221020_190457222.PORTRAIT.jpg
    PXL_20221020_190457222.PORTRAIT.jpg
    289 KB · Views: 0
I need suggestions for a kit in the under 40 dollar price range, could be aircraft, armor, ship, space craft. Looking for something intricate and well built kit

Ha ha - well , it really isn't funny , but remember when they were being developed ?
They crashed all the time .
Then the next thing I know they're deployed into service .

Ha ha - well , it really isn't funny , but remember when they were being developed ?
They crashed all the time .
Then the next thing I know they're deployed into service .
Yup and they are still having issues today it has to do with the transition from vertical lift to horizontal thrust.

I was also considering the Ov10aBronco or the PBY Catalina

We took 5 Broncos over to the Gulf War - they had them up in the forward hangar .
They all flew off before we went thru the Suez Canal .
I went up to vultures row and watched one of them take off .
He started from all the way aft on the flight deck , but he was airborne midway down the deck .
You know that was the first time they'd ever taken off from a carrier .

We took 5 Broncos over to the Gulf War - they had them up in the forward hangar .
They all flew off before we went thru the Suez Canal .
I went up to vultures row and watched one of them take off .
He started from all the way aft on the flight deck , but he was airborne midway down the deck .
You know that was the first time they'd ever taken off from a carrier .
Ya I actually was just readint about that. The Broncos and the Mowhawks were STOL short take of and Landing so they were purpose built to be able to have low stall speeds and create enough lift to take off heavy in as short of a distance as possible and land on anything from an unimproved surface or a road. Very cool aircraft, right now I've only flown Pipers but my dream sheet aircraft to fly has a bronco on it unfortunately there is as of now only one civilian owned airworthy bronco and I think potentially 1 or 2 Mowhawks though I believe the last time a mowhawk was flown ina private collection it was from the huston aviation museum but sadly their back up for parts was damaged in a storm so I don't think it's been flown in a few years and with limited parts and investment probably won't fly anytime soon if ever

Yep .
And I'm sure there was at least 40 knots of wind coming over the bow .

There was a fatal Mohawk crash not too long ago ,
You probably watch Juan's channel -- if not you should :

Yep .
And I'm sure there was at least 40 knots of wind coming over the bow .

There was a fatal Mohawk crash not too long ago ,
You probably watch Juan's channel -- if not you should :

Flying is as my wife calls my expensive hobby, but I do recommend if you can swing the cost that everyone try it atleast until they can solo the plane which if you work hard enough and pay attention you can get to in as little as 8 hours of training

Latest posts

Back