Tamiya 1/48 F4F-4 Wildcat

Engine is painted and tail assembly complete. A little filling is needed in the wheel bay and I'll be ready to paint.

Much of that gap will be covered with the engine cowl but you are right Q, I've got some work to do. If you look closely at that same picture you can see the gap in the wheel well as well. I haven't got my hands on any Aves yet so I'll use green Squadron Putty.

Great work so far!

I love this kit when I first picked it up for another group build. Looks like you're having some fun with it! :)

Chung

Indeed I am having fun DreamKnight. I had forgotten about your Wildcat build until the other day. I watched your build videos and decided to open up the engine cowls. Unfortunately I got the cowl a little too close to the flame for a little too long and melted the bottom connection to the fuselage. Two of the flaps broke off as well. So I have had the opportunity to work with styrene to fix the problems. The fixes have been a bit challenging but I've finished them and ready to spray a primer coat.

Nice work Hild, really looking forward to the paint hitting this one.

JMac

looking good. I have had the same problem with the bottom seam. I thought it was me but maybe not. :D

Nice update Hilld!
If I used the MR. S products as a primer I use them out of the can. Expensive but I can never get the ratio correct, like you were saying, without getting the spider effect.

Good luck on the bottom seam ;-)

Definitely looking good.
That cowling looks like a perfect candidate for "battle damage"

Right on Q. Either that or a mechanic who used the business end of a wrench to close it. ;D

On the home stretch, I'm glad it's a leap year I may need that last night to finish up.

How's this for last minute again. I knew I'd need the 29th. Anyhow the Wildcat is done. Here is a quick phone pic. I will try to post some better ones soon. I had a blast even though the going was slow.

Looks great!

Glad to see you had a better experience shooting mr. surfacer than I did! I had cobwebs everywhere.

Latest posts

Back