Tamiya 1/35 Quad Gun Tractor

Thanks fellas!! Hitting the bench with this one tonight!!!

LOL...not forgetting about the "Duel" Rob!! Had to pull myself away from gluing stuff!! ;)

This takes me back, ah the good old days building Quad gun tractors. Must have been almost two years ago. ;D

This is mine done in Canadaian colours.

Picture466.jpg

Lovely work Matt!! Now I have something to strive for!!! Seems I must be the only guy that has not built that combo you have there!! ;D The way this one fall together...I will be considering it now!! ;)

Cool subject, I've seen it with a really interesting octagonal camo scheme. Looking forward to see
what you can do with this.

Thanks Rook! Shake-n-Bake all the way. Sat down last night and this one is all but done. Hook section this morning in a bit and I might just get to start the glo-plugs on the paint booth to get ready for this afternoon!! ;D ;D ;D

Thanks T. It makes a neat looking build when the limber and gun are attached. I thought about a vignette for it but it ended up on my son's shelf. The only thing different about mine was the colour/camo. Most often these are done in desert yellow, green or brown. This was an original colour found in sicily if I recall correctly. I had a knowledgable guy on Armourama help me out with it.

Thanks Aaron!! ;D It was ::) Like I mentioned earlier, except I pretty much have all of it intact now. I have only the doors off as I was thinking of adding at least one figure to this and was unsure as to the nature of the display as of yet. Will know in about 20 min. or so.

Matt, that extra research pays off a bit. I have been thumbing through a book here this morning and I am formulating a plan for this, that might make a quick and snappy finish to this one...of course move this from "softskin" to the Vignette Cat. but may work!!

I should have some update pictures in a short while....and if I am lucky, may get to squirt some paint at her today!!! ;D

Somehow this kit has never made it to my stacks. Might have to do with the fact that I very rarely do allied. But while I'm looking at your pictures I kinda wonder why. Because it is a pretty odd looking vehicle and that is usualy quite up my alley. Great job so far. Really looking forward to the paintjob. Really a lot of options there.

Thanks Faust!! Cheap, quick and dirty...can't go wrong with this one at all!!!

Time for an update on...ummmm....oh yeah this one!! ;D

Chassis all together:

Quad023.jpg

Interior section...all together:

Quad029.jpg

Box together:

Quad030.jpg

A group shot!!

Quad035.jpg

And a quick mock up to this beast....

Quad016.jpg

With that, I got downstairs for a bit and slapped some paint around!! Well, Primer anyway:

Quad038.jpg

Quad049.jpg

With any luck, I will be heading down there soon and start some base painting.

As always, thanks for tuning in!!!

Your next update better not take so long. I barely have any fingernails left!!!

Great Job T!!!!

Thanks spud!! This is the fun part now!!! ;D

LOL...thanks Adam!! I will try to make the next one quicker. I shot some pre-shading quick tonight and then called it!! I will lay down some color tomorrow I hope...should be some pics then!! ;)

Thanks a bunch Gee!! Just want to get home and lay down some color now!!! ;D

Hey there....

Are you going to Fill the Winch Spool with a tow cable ? next to the Rear differential ? and feed the cable through the Rear bumper Rollers and all the way back to the front bumper rollers ???

That would add a lot of POP to your truck !

My 2cents.

Keep up the good work.... looks like a nice Clean build !
she might be an OLDIE but she can still carry her own weight !!!

Later !

Thanks Norm!!! Iw ould consider this but have not seen the route to which the cable is run!! I will have to take a peek at some tonight!!

Laying some color soon I think!! Just about to leave work!! Woo Hoo!!! ;D ;D ;D

Latest posts

Back