Tamiya 1/35 Quad Gun Tractor

well T, the chipping and wash sure had their use, great effect allready dudester!

Cheers

LOL...you mean from the one last night??? I can be fast, just not that fast!! ;D

Top Notch, Todd. :)

I´m sure you have specially enjoyed the simplicity of this build :)
Like a good nigiri :)
RG

Thank you Jelly!!! I did enjoy this one...LOL...probably from the simplicity!! ;D

OK.....yet another update!!!!

I am close...promise!!! ::)

I went ahead and attacked some marking. Dick, this answers the question earlier.... I wanted to paint the marking on this time. I wanted them to somewhat look "fresher" but that didn't quite happen but still works...so far.

So, I added the markings...well, I think I am done with them. Chipped back these a bit to add some flair. Popped in the windows. Have to say that so far these are the only part of this that I am not a big fan of...but they work just the same. Afterwards I added a light layer of dust for starters down low, using some AK Afrika Dust Effects.

Oh yeah...excuse the headlights...Krystal Klear is still drying, hence the white glue-like substance.

KChorusChristmas2012030.jpg

Yes, I went there!! British truck, German service. I have a excellent book on these called British Military Trucks in Wehrmacht Service which I did a review for over on Armorama: HERE if your interested!

KChorusChristmas2012032.jpg

After reading through the book, I learned that after these vehicles were seized the soldiers often quickly added markings by hand painting numbers as well as the Balkenkreuz with paintbrushes and sometimes they used templates. Even some of these retained their British markings and no German identification at all.

KChorusChristmas2012033.jpg

KChorusChristmas2012038.jpg

So with that, I will be adding a little more dust and then make up a small base for it, maybe with a figure.

As always, thank you for dropping by for a spell!!! ;)

Awesome stuff T, I have a pic of one of these trucks late in the war over in the Eastern Europe that was captured in N.A

Thanks spud!! Would be interested in seeing that one!! Getting this straight....British N.Africa ---->Captured, used in German service, transported to Europe, LOL then ------> effectively recaptured by the good guys? Now there is the thought of a paint job.....3 armies/two sides/tow theaters of combat...think of all the decals I could use!!! :eek:

Thanks Adam!! Not only for the kit but for helping show that even thee older kits still have plenty of potential!! ;)

Thanks JS!! It's all about the fun right? ;D Next to butcher up a figure and a base and put this to bed!!! ;)

Latest posts

Back