Tamiya 1/35 Quad Gun Tractor

TRM

Hello All,

A nice little surprise...I got home and this was on the table....obviously came in the mail!! Sent as a thank you for lending a helping hand with something, this strange little bugger wasted no time making it to the bench!!! I might be the fact it's a Tamiya Shake-n-Bake, could be that it's a bit odd...thinking in is an awesome platform to let loose on some weathering!!! ;D

Thank you Adam!! ;)

The kit:

Quad2001.jpg

I had a chance to take a peek in the box and everything looks really clean!!

Quad2004.jpg

Th wide panels, the lines, the rivets.....LOL...weathering!!! ::)

Quad2005.jpg

Quad2010.jpg

Might clean up the engine parts and start this mini-beast right now!!!

This looks like a really fun time ahead!!! Not the half of it either....I just broke into a car kit and I know there is Secret Santa kit on it's way...... :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: Going to be a busy couple of weeks!!! ;D

It Tis!! Clean kit all around...LOL......I have the engine together!!! ;)

"Alright, Alright"

Name that quote....

Any who... All the tires look that good? No need for aftermarket right?

::)............................... ;) Sounds like something I would say!!! LOL!!!

Thanks guys!! Glad to have the company!! Right about the old part, but these Tamiya kits...you can't go wrong at all!! ;)

Hey BJ!! Looking forward to all the weathering!! ;D ;D ;D The bestest best part!!! 8)

This was my first military model and first Tamiya. It goes together quite nicely as expected. There was something about it though I modified. Can't quite remember what? It is an old tooling so the detail might not be up to todays standars but all in all it is nice little kit. I remember people saying that the scale is off a bit. Doesn't matter if it's not in a dio with something else. Have fun, I know you will.

Thanks for stopping by Matt!!! Ket word out of everything you said was ...FUN! Plan on it!! LOL!!! Might made a small Vignette is all! Not to worried about the scale short comings! From what I seen last night, things fit great on it so far!! ;)

Glad to have you along for the ride Andrei!! Freaky looking truck, isn't she? LOL...think that's what makes it appealing! ;D

Did one of these up a while ago along with thier 25 PDR. Field Gun and ammo limber in a little vig. As for the weathering: oh yeah, yer gonna have some fun. After all, it was a work truck, right?

Wow your are busy mate! Your spoiling us with three of your builds at once! ;D

Thanks Bullet!! Definitely a work truck!! Definitely getting weathered!! LOL!! ;)

Hey John!! Busy..yup!! ;) Three? ::) LOL...wish it were only 3 ;D ;D ;D Just started an L/70 too....LOL!!! I must be mad!! :p

Figured a had a moment I would toss up some progress pics:

The engine:

Review-Quad-L70015.jpg

Basically together. I was going to add some details, but on the fence and if it's not seen...well!!! ::)

Where the frame stand for the moment. Some tanks are fit and part of the drive train and one axle. I will sit down with this one later tonight and I think the lower end might come together pretty good!!

Review-Quad-L70019.jpg

As always, Thanks for dropping by!!!

Latest posts

Back