Tamiya 1/12 Suzuki GSX1300R Hayabusa

I second that Adam. It happens almost every time. I have found that superglue and baking powder works best, it does take a bit more filing/sanding but it does give a better fill then finish off with tamiya primer and very fine sanding sticks. ;)

I brushed a few coats of Tamiya Extra Thin but probably should have gone the CA route.

All depends on what your top coat is going to be. Alclad is insanely thin paint, and might actually magnify the seam. Another kind of paint will probably be thick enough to hide it.

Elm City Hobbies said:
All depends on what your top coat is going to be. Alclad is insanely thin paint, and might actually magnify the seam. Another kind of paint will probably be thick enough to hide it.

Agreed! Alclad is def WAY to thin to hide it. I would suggest filling and sanding it smooth and re-priming. It seams ;) like a lot of work but it's worth it!

Re-sanded the front wheel cover and re-primed and it helped hide the seam.

I then sprayed Alclad's Stainless Steel but I'm having an issue along the top - white spattering. Have I over sprayed perhaps?

10807915036_6220ceb5e1_b.jpg

Looks like you totally nailed the seam this time, nice work. :) keep it going, this is gonna be a nice bike when finished.

Yup, seam is gone! And I've decided to follow the original bike color scheme of the blue and silver, so that stainless steel is now a nice metallic blue.

So I just discovered that I'm missing a darn sprue! "F" is nowhere to be found.

It's only a few exhaust parts but it makes it kinda hard to finish this thing now.

Well I've emailed details to Tamiya, so fingers crossed.

Time to put this aside and focus on the Zombie Vehicle build!

No, please continue! As a designer I love seeing random text sizes and fonts in the forum. :p

Ian, i have just had a look through my stash and i have the Yoshimura Hayabusa X-1. not sure is the sprue is the same but i am willing to let you have it if you want, PM me if want it, can' t have you not finish this now that you are half way there. Jay

Thanks for the kind offer 7165jay07.

I have an email request into Tamiya, and I'm hoping (fingers crossed) that they'll be able to send me the missing sprue.

I'll keep you posted.

Latest posts

Back