Spilt my Tamiya Cement....

MrNatural

my head is falling off my head
I was working on my Ma.K. project for the contest and i spilled my Tamiya Cement, leaving half the bottle on my cutting mat, now my room is totally toxic smelling and im out half a bottle of tamiya cement! anyone ever do this before. It would make me fell better...

Had more than my fair share of CA accidents. Including one that unfortunately made me the enemy of the family cat for about a year. Good luck, don't enjoy the fumes too much. ???

I've done it, all over my new cutting mat. The yellow gridwork came off and had some bubbling, I will be getting a new one soon so ...yeah ....feeling your pain bro. :'(

a couple of times, one bottle is an extra thin cement it slips out of my hand :-X

lol ive done it so many times ive built this, i even done it on my new cutting mat recently so thats why i built that little holder :)
IMG_0888.jpg

BRILLIANT IDEA!!!!! I've spilled before too. You get to glue everything plastic together.

I've spilled a bottle of tamiya Extra Thin once before... all over my work surface and a few model parts too, that was recently while working on the Jagdpanther. Im glad I didnt have to go anywheres after that coz Im sure I was as high as an SR-71's flightpath after cleaning up the mess and salvaging the roadwheels from the spill. :p

spud said:
lol ive done it so many times ive built this, i even done it on my new cutting mat recently so thats why i built that little holder :)
IMG_0888.jpg

now thats what im talkin bout!!

Yeah, I have done it as well....while Tamiya cement bottles are generally harder to knock over because of them being a square bottle vs a round bottle, but it can still be done.

Little tip....take some blue or white poster tack, put it under your bottle and then squish it into your work surface. Should hold the bottle enough so even if you hit it, it should have enough strength to keep it from tipping over. Plus it is easy clean up, as it peels easily off just about any surface.

I have done it as well, right on a new wooden desk. Took the finish right off. It makes an excellent stripper.

MrNatural said:
I was working on my Ma.K. project for the contest and i spilled my Tamiya Cement, leaving half the bottle on my cutting mat, now my room is totally toxic smelling and im out half a bottle of tamiya cement! anyone ever do this before. It would make me fell better...

Why do you think I have brand new mats on my review videos?
Oops! my secret is out!. :-[

EDIT: While I have yet to knock over a Tamiya bottle, I've done it several times with Tenax 7R.

I've knocked over many bottles of Ambroid Pro-Weld just trying to put the cap and applicator back on. I even cracked the lid on one bottle. I stick with Tamiya liquid cement these days along with Testors in the black bottles, both red and blue label, with the nozzle applicator.

spud said:
IMG_0888.jpg

I created something similar for my Testors Liquid Cement bottles with a couple of scraps of 1x4 and a hole saw.

Ya, i was working in the living room 2 weeks ago and spilled half a bottle of tamiya extra thin all over the coffee table. Lucky for me it didnt take off the finish or my wife would have ended my addiction pretty quick. Haha.

Latest posts

Back