so i Bought

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
this set cost me €144
VAL70173.jpg

now i know Scott said its cheaper to get them by the bottle but i cba looking for individual colors and this isnt a bad price it list price is 169.99 by one suplier.

somthing i forgot to order was the Thinners.

oh i also orders some AK stuff also while i was at it. :).

Now can anyone tell me the Dimentions of the Vallejo bottles because im going to build a new Paint Rack to hold them in. H.x.W would be great if somone could be arsed ;D

Didn't exactly get the width, but you should be able to figure it from the photo eh?

8)

[attachment deleted by admin]

As per the dimensions on my website that it uses for shipping calculations.....

9cm high, 3cm diameter

With the current UK to CDN exchange, that works out to about $229CDN....so no not a bad price.

Just I caution people from buying the sets, as there sometimes isn't much of a price break on them, and usually there are a few colors at least that some would never use.

Either way, it is a great set, and I believe it comes with 3 toray brushes as well?

ya i was goning to buy them in singles but i cba and i saw this set was a at a decent price on emodels, i also kind of figured i wouldnt use some of them but you never know. and yes scott comes with 3 brushes. do you happen to know what sizes they are?

Elm City Hobbies said:

9cm high, 3cm diameter

But as you can see by the photo, that isn't really the size of the bottle but just something rounded up for shipping.

The actual measurements are less than 8 cm high and just under 2.5 cm wide. ;)

haha i was thinking the bottle was about 2. this new rack will take me some time i fear.. mabe i should have been a chippy insted of a tiler ;D

Nah, as a chippy I've done my share of tiling so you'd still be doing it none the less. ;D

My sad little excuse for a rack has 9 cm high spaces and 6 cm deep so I can store two bottles if needed...

Man I haven't used this much metric since grade school!

[attachment deleted by admin]

haha my current rack was just some 2x1" i picked up as a temp holding rack so this week coming ill make a nice propper one. well i duno about the nice but it should do the trick.

and thanks for them mesurments Ken, 9cm high will be loads and 6 deep will give me room to store bigger bottles

images

don't forget to share with us.... How you went about making such a nice rack !

and nice catch on the paint set .... I find it pricey but it looks pretty much complete...

later

ScaleModelMadman said:
Elm City Hobbies said:

9cm high, 3cm diameter

But as you can see by the photo, that isn't really the size of the bottle but just something rounded up for shipping.

The actual measurements are less than 8 cm high and just under 2.5 cm wide. ;)

Gotta leave some head space!!

Must have been drunk when I measured them the first time! Not that it makes any difference in the grand scheme of things when shipping them.

lol ill try schweinhund im not one for using a camra when woring on somthing other than models

haha santa came early ;D
IMG_0465.jpg

Vallejo paint set wich is Sweet
Ak stuff is
engine grime
fuel stains
engine oil
Kursks earth
dark streaking Grime
Winter Streaking grime
rust streaks
track wash
streaking grime for panzer greay

im gona have fun playing with them.

Mico sol
Micro set
Micro crystal clear For Glass

Alclad 2 Grey primer & microfiller
Alclad 2 natural metal. (gun metal)

Grey vallejo Primer
German Red brown Primer
vallejo Matt varnish

502 abtuilung German armor tones oil set

DVDs
winter techniques
washes, fading and oils
AFV acrylic techniques

some tamiya putty

im wating on the red primer and 2 mig pigments to arive.

oh and the Gaz 69 by Bronco and SPK model. the instruction sheet is glossy and in color im impressed so far with it.

all i need now is my air brush wich ill have on tuesday or wensday ;D

ya i couldnt wait for it to arive. i noticed i got some panzer aces colors in the mix.

Stocked up teh shelvs i make some fort of use for teh empty vallejo box seems a wast to not use it for somthing.

the vallejo red seems very dark compaired to the Tamiya one, seems more like a crimson red that plain old red

IMG_0467.jpg

lol. ya its a lot but i had very little paint all i had was teh tamiya ones and some humbrols

Latest posts

Back