Secret Santa?

Would you participate in an SMA Secret Santa?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
How bout we just play Santa to Hooterville and ya all can send me a kit. Ill have tons of Santas doesnt need to be a secret Santa :D bawahahahahahaha ;D

hooterville75 said:
How bout we just play Santa to Hooterville and ya all can send me a kit. Ill have tons of Santas doesnt need to be a secret Santa :D bawahahahahahaha ;D

I could probably find a few Starfix kits to send you. ;D

Scott and Crew,
Count me in. Sometimes building a kit that you normally wouldn't buy for yourself turns out to be fun. I have faith you guys will let us know the details.

hooterville75 said:
Ive sent letters before with a return address as mine but with the name of Donald Duck on it :D Went through just fine. ;D

Hotter, you really are a quack! :p

u

Quack Quack, wheres my ducky smiley ha ha. Hey at least it was Donald Duck and not Al Coholic ;D

I was just wondering if we are going ahead with the Secret Santa? I'm just mentioning because soon sending stuff snail mail will be getting very busy and to send stuff express can get costly.

PharmPony said:
hooterville75 said:

I could probably find a few Starfix kits to send you. ;D

Ive never put a Starfix kit together and am just a rookie so as the old saying goes, Ill try anything once so go ahead and send em my way bahahahahahaha ;D

Can we do region/Style/maybe scale separations??

cuz im mostly a wingny guy and have no interest in SiFi.. even in planes i stick to 1/48 and above.

OK maybe im just too picky!! but i could be matched with a Wing/Car/Armor. cuz i feel its kinda of a waste for the person that send the kit tha the receiver has Zero interest and will end up has a paint tester or in the bin

just my 0.2$

I agree with Neo, but trying to divide us up into different categories would be hard.

Perhaps we could post a list of our interests and prefered scales and then the person who gets you can try to find something you like.

The only 'division' will be location.

USA, Canada, INTL. Other than that this will turn into an insane amount of work and time to pull it off.

We will soon have a message in this tread from 'Santa' explaining what to do next.

A big think you to forum member Adam for stepping up to help with this project.

Does that mean whoever draws Adam's name should send him an elf hat? ;D

Scott Girvan said:
The only 'division' will be location.

USA, Canada, INTL. Other than that this will turn into an insane amount of work and time to pull it off.

Cool. I think it will be interesting to build something outside my usual subject genre (never built a tanky thing, or a wheelie thing, and haven't built Sci-fi for a long, long, long time). I know I've already set aside the kits for my out-going package.

Thanks for suggesting the Secret Santa idea and organizing the exchange Scott. You're busy, and I appreciate your efforts to keep SMA a fun community. Thanks to Adam also. I'm really looking forward to the GB that will hopefully follow.

Since you have all been eagerly awaiting, let's kick of the 1st Annual SMA Secret Santa!!!

Here are the entry instructions:

PM SecretSanta with the following information:

Name:
Shipping Address:
Region: (USA, Canada, INTL)
Genre Preference: (Please note, this will have no bearing on who gets paired with who. It will only serve
to give the Sender an idea of what kind of kit the recipient would prefer. But, it is up to the Sender
to decide what he or she sends.)

The final day for submitting your entry will be Monday November 19th. My elves and I will then go over all of the entry forms and send you all PM's with your pairings. That should give everybody enough time to pick out gifts and get packages in the mail.

A few more notes:

There has been a lot of discussion on this thread about the cost of kit's etc. There will be no restrictions.
As Secret Santa's it is up to you to decide what your going to send whether it be something from your stash
or a new kit.

In terms of Shipping, it will be up to the Sender to decide how he or she will ship the package. Both in
shipping method and return address type. I.E. If you want to send UPS, FedEx, USPS or some other type,
it is up to you. Also, label the Return Address as YOU feel comfortable. I.E. If you feel like you need to put
your name and address on the package to ensure correct delivery please do so. If you feel comfortable
putting an alias on the package you can do that too.

More information about the group build will follow after the pairing is done and all PM's are sent out. But,
participation in the group build is NOT required for participation in the Secret Santa swap.

If you have any questions please feel free to post them here in the thread or PM me.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!!

Santa you have my letter :D :D !!
this is going to be lots of fun for sure !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back