Secret Santa?

Would you participate in an SMA Secret Santa?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
As for getting a turd kit....well I trust everyone here...what can you do?

Yeah...matching people up region wise is good...shipping can take a while...I was assigned Brian from
Hobbylink Japan a few years back and even though I sent it in Nov, he didn't get it until January...

Does that mean I have to give Spud a Crimbo pressie ?? :eek: :eek: :eek: Do you know how much it cost to ship to the South of Ireland :eek: :eek: :eek:

;D ;D ;D ;D

Matching on region and interest might be a good idea, but it also takes some of the surprise out of it, so making both optional is a good idea. And yeah, I have a lot more trust here. No Starfix Spitfires. :D

And Jeeves at least it didn't have to go to Australia. I've heard some horror stories trying to ship there and no real reasons why it can take so long sometimes.

Chris S said:
Does that mean I have to give Spud a Crimbo pressie ?? :eek: :eek: :eek: Do you know how much it cost to ship to the South of Ireland :eek: :eek: :eek:

;D ;D ;D ;D
Is it because the postpeople were drunk they thought up the costs ?

Crimbo!!!

Sound like fun!!! Count me in!!!

Untitled-1.jpg

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D .... You forgot the Red nose ;D ;D ;D

;D ;DLol ;D ;D

Let's not over complicate it. I can't write an algorithm...but I can sort by region. USA, CANADA, INTL.

Will it be a kit only secret santa now? Or at least a kit minimum.

Also, what week will it run? And when will the secret santa GB run?

I'll work out the details and get a video up this week...got a few videos planned....mancave update, future build plans...just a casual video.

This could be great fun.
However not many kits in the $20.00 range these days.
But I have lots of stuff in my stash.

I'm in.
;D

I go build for an hour and this thread goes nuts! I think this will be a sweet experience!!!

I would be in for that.

ARC does one similar to this....not really a secret Santa perse, but people "donate" kits to the over all list, and people's names are pulled out at random (not necessarily a person that donated a kit, so some might see it as unfair that way as not everyone gets a kit back sometime), and they get to choose what kit they want.

Think I missed out on it last year, but if we have a Secret Santa, much better as you don't know what you are getting until it arrives.

Idea is to take something from your stash you will never build, but if you don't have anything you can bear to part with (yeah right), then there are lots of kits out there for not much money....lots of the new and re-released Airfix 1/72 kits are going for under $12

I was thinking, after we all get our kits, we do the group build, and the only way you find out who your santa was is after you complete the build. What do you guys think?

This'd be a great success. I already have a kit in my stash in mind. :) Though, if there is no ceiling, I'd be willing to get something sent to my recipient

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back