Secret Santa?

Would you participate in an SMA Secret Santa?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd definitely vote for choosing a kit from the stash pile. I only started doing this a few weeks ago and already have a big collection of kits on hand!

It makes it easier for everyone too, since all you need to focus on is packing and shipping.

I'll be sending a kit from the stash and a few goodies. Let's completely forget the $20 thing....we'll just send a stash kit and whatever you want.

Scott Girvan said:
I'll be sending a kit from the stash and a few goodies. Let's completely forget the $20 thing....we'll just send a stash kit and whatever you want.

"Hi 5, I like"

[attachment deleted by admin]

I'm in.
They've done something like this over at SSM for the past couple of years, but aren't going this year.
And, speaking from experience on both sides of the equation, grouping by region is DEFINITELY the way to go

I'm not sure if I would take part in this or not, but I thought I would point out that there are several car kits that can be bought for a little under/over $20. I believe that the smaller old Tamiya 1/35 kits such as the Kubelwagen or Universal Carrier are aslo inexpensive.

If I draw Spud, Im sending it to Dubland, Ireland :eek: in hopes he receives it sometime near the Holidays bawahahahahaha ;D

Well, we all know Spud doesn't like shipping so you better give him someone close. hahahahaha :p

Just to make sure we all know, that's definately a joke, not meant to be rude.

hooterville75 said:
If I draw Spud, Im sending it to Dubland, Ireland :eek: in hopes he receives it sometime near the Holidays bawahahahahaha ;D

No one will get it if you send to Dubland ???? .... It's DUBLIN ! And about 120 miles away from Spud :)

Chris.

adampolo13 said:
I was thinking, after we all get our kits, we do the group build, and the only way you find out who your santa was is after you complete the build. What do you guys think?

Sounds good but due to the shipping from country to country you need to give your name and address so the person will already know who you are we ran in to this in the star wars fourm I am in.

I like the stash kit idea to I have lots now who is gonna end up with this snap together one LOL.

I don't think it matters where the kit comes from really. I've been in some where you can let your sender know what kind of kits you build so if there's something in the stash that fits the bill ........ . Then I was in one where the idea was to send your recipient something in a genre they had never worked with. That one was pretty cool. But I have no problems with going shopping either, especially at every place in town that sells anything model related, heh heh heh. Or ordering something from the wonderfull folks who advertise right here on our site! It's all in the spirit, give your recipient something that YOU want to build. I'm gonna.

arohk said:
adampolo13 said:
I was thinking, after we all get our kits, we do the group build, and the only way you find out who your santa was is after you complete the build. What do you guys think?

Sounds good but due to the shipping from country to country you need to give your name and address so the person will already know who you are we ran in to this in the star wars fourm I am in.

Kind of thinking you know who your Santa would be as they are sending the kit to you through the mail... ::)

I am sure that all the answers....or at least most of them will be answered shortly as Scott has been pretty much out straight, it sounds, on the New SMA Magazine, but, when he comes up for air we will end up with a better, clearer idea/plan on this.

I like the fact of not knowing what you could end up with! That much more fun! Not to mention building something outside your comfort zone can be a great experience.

Poor spud!! ;) Your a good sport spuddy-buddy!!! ;D

How would you know who is sending you a kit?

If Scott takes in all the names, jumbles them up and sends a PM to each person telling them who they are sending something to....they you won't know who sent you something until you get it. In the end the only one that would know who is sending to whom, would be Scott.

LOL...I was just going by the fact of never mailing anything without a return address....hence the name! ;D

Well, for those of use who's real names are know, i.e. Ken, who uses his real name as his handle, they could use a fake name on the package but the real address. That way if there is a problem it goes back to the right address.

I.E. Return Address:

Clark Kent
70 MT Washington Ave
Newbury Park, CA 91320

See, nowbody here knows who Clark Kent is....

USPS requires a return address these days, but you can always use the mailing address as the return address. It will look like the person sent a package to their self.

PharmPony said:
USPS requires a return address these days, but you can always use the mailing address as the return address. It will look like the person sent a package to their self.

I have no problem including my return address on the package. I'll just write that the sender is Kris Kringle... :p

Ive sent letters before with a return address as mine but with the name of Donald Duck on it :D Went through just fine. ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back