Secret Santa?

Would you participate in an SMA Secret Santa?

• Yes

Votes: 59 92.2%
  • No

Votes: 5 7.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Junkie

Anyone game for a secret Santa? All interested would sign up. I'll make a form. Then I randomize the list and send you a name. You ship a kit to your secret Santa, value no more than $20, and we all have fun.

Are you in?

You could follow it up with a Secret Santa GB So you have to build the kit you were sent no matter what it is ;D ;D

I really love the Secret Santa idea. The only thing is the $20 thing, I have kits in my stash I know were more than $20 that I would love to give out as a Secret Santa.

I also really like the idea of a Secret Santa group build!!!

Yeah, the $20 limit kinda excludes most kits these days, but it could always be a kit accessory, paint set, or something not model related.

I'm leading one at another model site infrequent and it's a great idea...although with the GB that follows it- despite it being a year-long build, few finish their builds...so that is something to consider...another cool thing we do is include a post card from our town and in some cases, something non model related from where we live...like Grendels Beaver nuggets ;)

Chris S said:
You could follow it up with a Secret Santa GB So you have to build the kit you were sent no matter what it is ;D ;D

You got me thinking now. Why not a contest category? Secret Santa gotta send full kits though, all the parts.
And the voluntary, whatever you want, fee for the category is 100% proceeds to charity of winners choice.

All great ideas, I love the group build idea. I'm on board with Adam and PharmPony though, theres not that many kits out there for 20 bucks. More than likely I would donate from my stash and I dont think any of those are under 20. Just something to think about.

Man, this will be fun. I've participated on other forums and it's hiya' time we start.

I'd totally be game for a secret santa exchange and GB. Sounds like fun. Just as a side note I think the $20 limit is ok, lots of good Airfix, Revell, Minicraft or Academy kits under that price point. I think the focus should be a fun build, no AMS'ing, and maybe building something outside of our usual subjects.

Jason

There is plenty of cheap kits out there ....how much is an Airfix 1/72nd aircraft ... or tank , surely its not $20 ?? ,Revell 1/72nd ?? ....there's loads !

Chris.

Chris S said:
There is plenty of cheap kits out there ....how much is an Airfix 1/72nd aircraft ... or tank , surely its not $20 ?? ,Revell 1/72nd ?? ....there's loads !

Chris.

My thoughts also (I was typing as Chris was typing) ;D

Wait a minute! People actually build those tiny 1/72 things? ;D

And the stash too. That's where mine will come from and I'm not worried about what I paid for it.

Ditch a kit you'll never build...gat a fresh new shiny one......that you may never build!

Scott Girvan said:
Ditch a kit you'll never build...gat a fresh new shiny one......that you may never build!

One problem I can possibly see with that is someone unloading a really old, bear of a kit.

Another issue may be shipping. International shipping can be expensive and what were to happen if someone donates something already paid for from their stash and can't afford to pay the international shipping?

I'll match people up based on region and interest, or not...there will be a checkbox on the form...send preference or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back