Scratchy's Fine Molds 1/144 Millennium Falcon

Thanks Quaralane, I just finished cutting out the opening and placing the ramp in,.... a little bit more trimming, then I can start on the entry hallway.

Speaking of which....

millenniumfalcon03-1.jpg

I cut open the boarding ramp in the lower half of the Falcon and inserted the new piece in, she fits like a glove!

You got little fingers or what?

I have trouble cutting and glueing at the scale I work with, and get glue everywere. Yours is always clean.

As always nice work.

Ozzy

Dude, Wow :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If i may ask, what do you do for a living?

Because, this is quality work, and you must be a craftsman by trade or at least someone who works with their hands because I have been a Toolmaker for nearly 30 years so i know quality when i see it and you do quality work sir.

Gaggles McNylon

ozzyguanche said:
You got little fingers or what?

I have trouble cutting and glueing at the scale I work with, and get glue everywere. Yours is always clean.

As always nice work.

Ozzy

I think it may be the technique. I glue some of my more detailed parts that I scratchbuild onto a small piece of glass. Actually, it's shown on the last set of pics, the Falcon is sitting on it. This glass allows me to move the piece around, let dry, glue more plastic and trim with a razor blade or a chisel blade for my xacto knife. Once the part is finished, I take a razor blade and slice it off the glass. It just makes things easier.

The Nylon Gag said:
Dude, Wow :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

If i may ask, what do you do for a living?

Because, this is quality work, and you must be a craftsman by trade or at least someone who works with their hands because I have been a Toolmaker for nearly 30 years so i know quality when i see it and you do quality work sir.

Gaggles McNylon

I'm a graphic designer and illustrator by trade. I also do some renovations around my house. There's a little "Earth Icon" under my "Chimp in a Suit" avatar, that will take you to my Facebook business page. Some of my work is there.

Thank you for the kind words gentlemen!

That is...sick, insane, wicked, wild. !!! I'm just sitting here shaking my head.

--shakes head slowly, smiling--
Scratchy, this is amazing work. Making my poor harlot look cheap indeed

Quaralane said:
--shakes head slowly, smiling--
Scratchy, this is amazing work. Making my poor harlot look cheap indeed

merseajohn said:
Yeah this is unreal, Love your updates man. This falcon is ganna rock! ;D

Thanks guys, I appreciate the kind words. I'm just working on the lift cylinders for the boarding ramp. After these are done, I'll start pouring rubber on the custom parts.

Here's a quick update. I roughed in the first cylinder and also the corridor that will be seen if one looks up the boarding ramp. I plan to cast the cylinders, I'll insert some brass rod into the mold before I inject the resin,... just for the added strength.

millenniumfalcon04-1.jpg

OK, now, stop fooling everyone around... Where are your MINIMOYS ? Smurfs are too big for this kind of job... ;D

You've got to be using nanites at this level, Scratchy.

Again, amazing work for the size

YOULI said:
OK, now, stop fooling everyone around... Where are your MINIMOYS ? Smurfs are too big for this kind of job... ;D

Quaralane said:
You've got to be using nanites at this level, Scratchy.

Again, amazing work for the size

Sorry to disappoint guys,... no MINIMOYS ? Smurfs or nanites where used in the making of this build. Just Big O Chunky fingers

merseajohn said:

I just poured the first half of rubber over the cockpit window frame and lower half of the engine vent. Once that's set, I can do another pour, then I'm out of silicone. I also built the second version of the ramp cylinder.

Thanks Grendels!

I did some more work on the build. I finished the second cylinder, started working on the hallway tube and I pulled the first resin cast of the cockpit window frame.

millenniumfalcon05-1.jpg

I glued the frame to the kit part, with some slight modifications, this piece fits pretty good.

millenniumfalcon06.jpg

Latest posts

Back