Scout Trooper & Speeder Bike by Bandai

Jaitea

Hey all,....I got the Speeder Bike in the post on Wed morning,....I'm not gonna start it just yet,....but I couldn't wait to crack open the box & compare it to the MPC kit

It's supposed to be roughly the same size......and right enough it is,......well the bike anyway

The MPC trooper is a good bit bigger......(This helmet has been reshaped a bit):

FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender-1.jpg
The feet are almost the same size:
IMG_2383.jpg
The Space Shuttle nose is a slightly different shape,....I'll have to check reference photos to see which is correct,...(likely Bandai):
IMG_2384.jpg
Very similar size here:
IMG_2386.jpg
IMG_2387.jpg
IMG_2388.jpg
Finer Details on the Bandai:
IMG_2389.jpg
IMG_2390.jpg
IMG_2391.jpg
Smaller seat for a smaller bum:
IMG_2392.jpg

Thats it for a while,...(till I get other projects out of the way)

J

Seriously considering purchasing this kit...It looks marginally smaller as well? but the level of detail is far deeper.

Always loved the Biker Scout.

Surprise!!!

IMG_2427.jpg

....yes I said I was gonna do other things,.....but I gave in & started it:

Decided to make the under armour first,.....sprayed the armour with white primer

IMG_2426.jpg
IMG_2425.jpg

Its going together great

J

Thanks Q & John

I've done a bit of work on the bike:

IMG_2446.jpg
IMG_2447.jpg
IMG_2445.jpg

Just pushed together:
IMG_2448.jpg
IMG_2449.jpg

I scratched on some texture to the canvas bag:
IMG_2450.jpg
IMG_2451.jpg

Thanks for looking
John

Looks really good! I'll soon have one of these in the mail myself. Did all of the finer pipe work come with the kit, or was that added/replaced by you?

Thanks NecronautDrummer,....the parts are all from the kit

& Thanks Q.......get it!....get it!

Heres some more comparisons to the MPC.....I'm glad Bandai have the right reference pics,.....the MPC Trooper looks mad:

IMG_2452.jpg
IMG_2453.jpg
IMG_2454.jpg

J

Eh up buddy,managed to get the rotj airfix one,so i may start building up the sub sections to supersize it?i love these vehicles the best part of the film when i was a lad!

starting to knock up the engine bit's for my bird,speak to ya soon john.cheers peza ;D

Looks great- quite a glaring difference between the two kits.

I have the Tie Fighter, Snowspeeder, AT-ST, and Darth so far...really want the Y-Wing and X-Wing to fill things out...then may grab Boba when he's out ;) This one might just make it in the basket too...

Thanks very much for the comments everyone

Peza....looking forward to seeing those nozzles mate

Some more pics:

IMG_2541.jpg
IMG_2542.jpg
IMG_2543.jpg
IMG_2544.jpg
IMG_2545.jpg
IMG_2552.jpg
IMG_2553.jpg
IMG_2540.jpg
IMG_2539.jpg

I love this kit

J

I spent a bit of time filling in the Trooper's joints,.....I got him posed on the bike to how I liked, then put a spot of SuperGlue on the joints,.....then filled the joints up with Humbrol Filler

Still a bit of fine sanding,.....its a bit rough,....I've just set him on the bike,...he's not positioned right yet

IMG_2638.jpg
IMG_2636.jpg
IMG_2635.jpg
IMG_2634.jpg
IMG_2639.jpg
IMG_2641.jpg
IMG_2642.jpg
IMG_2643.jpg

.....so still a bit to do,....but nearly there

Thanks for looking
John

Latest posts