Scott's Speeder Bike

What is this Post doing on Page 2 ???? Up you go !

Can't have this on Page two !!! Too Wicked for that !!!

PDVD_239.jpg

Hands Up Rebel Scum !

LOL.

Really busy with that spaceship for the student film...back on the speeder soon.

OK, time to wrap this up...well get back towards wrapping it up.

My sculpt ended up being too large, and too heavy so I've scrapped it. Learned alot though.

I'm going with the kit figure now, but saved the boots.
4048.jpg

I added detail to the backpack:
4049.jpg

And reworked the helmet a bit (kit stock on left, mine on right)
4050.jpg

4051.jpg

Made a blaster:
4052.jpg

4053.jpg

As for the bedroll. This is a white Tshirt stained in tea, then coffee. I need to find a really sharp pair of scissors to trim the edge.

What do you think of the texture scale? I'm not sold entirely.
4054.jpg

4055.jpg

Thanks for reading!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Wicked stuff man. Shame about the custom figure but you'll make/made the kit rider shine anyway. The blaster is AMAZING! great stuff, and the dudes picnic blanket looks fine to me, as you say once cut it will look great. Are you going to darken it anymore though seems a little light at the mo?

Nice mods even if the sculpted figure didn't work out Scott, looking forward to seeing the finished artical

;D
Scott.
It looks great. Sorry about your sculpted torso not working out, with my Iron Clad, I had gone down several paths that didn't work out, and I lost hours doing that, but came up with better fixes as an outcome. :)
Your helmet looks SO Much better. I can't believe how bad the AMT sculpt was.....wait a minute, yes I can. lol
Good schtuff, man!
;D ;D

Thanks guys. Really appreciate the interest. This is becoming fun again...that sculpt kinda wore me down, but now that I see the end is near I'm running.

MJ - yeah, I'll add pigments to the bedroll, it is too light.

Here's a few more pics. The head is attached and neck sculpted. I added wire for the arms and the first layer of Aves as I will be sculpting these completely. Added the 'G' string thing to his undersuit.

4056.jpg

4057.jpg

4058.jpg

As for getting his feet to contact properly...well it's gonna take some CA and a bit of persuasion, however I'll get them to attach.

:eek:. Hard to believe after that great sculpt of yours that you are now reverting to the original AMT lower body! ::)

Find "where" his thighs are rubbing against the seat or the bike fairing which is preventing him from sitting down properly! Cut that away and seat him! at 500 kmph lots of bad things can happen!

Keep up the good work. 'LUCAS'

Looking forward to your next update!

Yeah, my sculpt 'creeped' and was too large. Just didn't look correct. This will do.

Who is this 'LUCAS' you refer too?

Your project is really lookin' great,Scott. Keep it up.

It certainly is a pity that your sculpt got binned, the modded AMT rider looks the part though, great pose.

J

Very nice work indeed, Scott. All looking very good, the blaster, the bedroll, the new light-weight sculpt has as good a pose as the old one. I didn't even realise it was different until I read further back.

SCOTT ,

Hey Bro. That Bike is just off th Chain ! I love th tonality of it ! The weathering ... Dead-On ! I really Dig th colors in it ....

It's all about th layers !( I've recently picked up on that over th last few months - it really makes a piece PoP !) It gives depth & realism ! It's also all about th patience too. I love that bike ! I keep goin back to it & lookin at it ! It would be cool to see it up close & personal to really take it all in. Congrats on a Beautiful bike !!

Th Scout ..... Shut Ma' mouth :eek: .... Coolness ! I like th sculpting. it's coming along. Not a bad thing to go with th kit lower half .... Keeps it rollin' along & saved ya from Burnout !! I'm lookin forward to th wrap-up !!

Rock-On Brotha' !!

CHEERS !!!

Latest posts

Back