Scott's Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Ahh yeah Scott!!! Getting "Dirty" now!! It's a good feeling isn't it???? ;D ;D ;D Waiting on More! 8)

The effect looks like you're mostly trying technique, I'll admit. But it's looking decent

Yeah !! It looks like your gettin th Feel for it Mad Max ! I say Roll with it !! Can;t wait for th next installment !!

Yes it looks like you are getting a feel for it. Now to try it on something with a purpose!

If you had room on your dio this could be an abandoned car on the side of the road or something like that.

Just google(images) rusty/junk cars and you'll find lots of reference pics.

Hi Scott, The car looks great buddy ,love the rust ,I think you've nailed that ;D Look forward to more .

Chris.

You have inspired me sir! I'm very green with Vallejo paints (a MM and Tamiya guy myself what with all the aircraft I do), and after seeing that test car, I'm really wanting to completely rust out this old A-7 airframe on my shelf that i use for camo testing. I think I'm gonna give that hairspray technique a go tomorrow on it.

Boss job on that scuplting too. Dig the beard!

This is going to be one SAWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET diorama... Thanks for the afterlife idea. Check out my Jet Powered Spitfire. Therer are some new photos up.. Some more weathering needed though..

ohhhh man scott that looks really awesome. I've been brand loyal to tamiya for a long time but now im starting to think about gettin some of dem valley joes :-\

Looking very RUST-ic :D :-[ ::)
Yes indeed,that is some beautiful rusting right there,impressive. 8)

Thanks for the comments everyone. I appreciate it.

I had taken this BMW kit and dumped all the separate pieces into my parts bin to use for various greeblies and stuff. I had also chopped up the bottom piece into 6 pieces and then tossed the directions, clear parts and other stuff in the trash thinking I would just use the salvaged greebly bits for sci-fi stuff.

Well that has now changed. This will become an abandoned car on the highway (or something) so...I just spent all of noon rummaging through an industrial size garbage bag and managed to find everything I threw out - that will teach me a lesson.

It will take some surgery to get the bottom back together but luckily it's a wreck and you won't see the underside. Now to find all the greebly bits in my spares bin - I won't bother with the engine and keep the hood closed.

After that frantic garbage bag search I am fully convinced that I have OCD.

Rust fever alright. I've been watching your vids Rob for the past couple of days!

Grendels - yes, I want to try that and I've been racking my brain trying to figure it out.
This build presents many challenges for me and I'm loving it.

Thinking maybe trying a burned out car in the ditch - abandoned and then destroyed by hoodlums.
BURNOUT.jpg

Gonna ramble a bit cuz I need a break from page layout - don't mind me
So I've decided that I'm not going to attempt a Mad Max clone or even Post Apocalypse thing really - well, kinda. What I'm thinking is setting this is the not so distant future. The scenario I have in mind is this:

2012 Prophecy didn't happen, Global Warming was proved to be a hoax & the Marriage of Prince William & Catherine Middleton ended in a terrible divorce. The Middle East erupted in violence. The USA and Canadian economies crashed. The price of oil went through the roof. Revolutions in North America led to the fall of government and anarchy. Thousands of civilians were killed and survivors are left to there own rule. Gangs take over the pockets of society and whoever has the fuel has the power.

The diorama will depict a highway fight to capture a truck carrying fuel. The landscape will not be scorched but will definitely be neglected - there will be signs of new growth vegetation. The figures won't be dressed up like punk rockers. The scene will be on a North American highway - maybe Canadian...

And that's about it for now. Not terribly original but sounds like fun.
THANK YOU for humoring me while I daydream more than build.

Scratchmod, I bet you didn't mean "frying the SMA banner". ;D

Scott, I think the divorce of William and Catherine is an important part of this scenario. Good thinking on your part. ;)

For a broken windshield, you could probably do it with a decal, and just a hole punched through the styrene. Or use a spiderweb template for an air brush and paint it on with paint used for frosting glass.

Decal...hmmm - didn't think of that.

I've been trying to think of what to use if the window was smashed right out and little pieces of glass are inside and on the ground - something for those little fragments.

Latest posts

Back