Scott's new mancave

I like your plan! Is your work space going against the wall with the brick?

If you did that would work out pretty well for the placement of a spray booth. That is asuming you are going to vent through that window...

I think it's going to have to be. I also need to add a second, smaller workspace for my kids...they both would like to build a bit.

I'll have to get in there and try some layouts before I commit.

[attachment deleted by admin]

The good part about putting the work space against the wall with the Brick Wall paper, you wont have to paper the whole wall. If cost is an inhibitor, you could could paper that half above the desk area.

True.

If anyone is so inclined to try to put a layout together, attached is a floor plan.

One thing to keep in mind is my spray booth. I'll have to vent it out the window.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Paint the brick yourself. ;D I'm sure your hobby skills could help with that.

Hey Scott, another thing just occured to me. If your looking to save $$$ you could always look into a reclaimed building matterials store. I'm not sure if the have Habitat For Humanity up in Canada, but they have "Re-Stores" down here in the states. There are also a few "for profit" stores here in New England. Maybe its something you can check out, I've seen all kinds of crazy deals on cabnets, lighting, shevling, anything building related, you name it.

Thanks for the chat guys.

Well I made a small move.

I had/have a gallon of white, half a gallonish of whiteish and black. Gonna try to mix a nice grey. Got a half gallon of orange, and a new roller. Paint: $38.

Tomorrow I might get a roll of brick wallpaper. Found some local. One roll should cover the rear wall, above the bench, and up to a shelf...which I will build and use for finihsed models. It will be $28

Also talked to a local shop that could produce the SMA logo as a decal. Max size is 26"x26". Should be big enough. Cost: Free of close to it, maybe $10

I have lots of flourescent lighting. I'll swap out the single 'boob' light for a plug and then run my lights off of that. This saves me trying to run wires to a panel. I think I"ll try to install some sort of 'rack' to the ceiling, like a TV studio. Try and get some 'good' lighting.

And finally, I'm thinking about this camera:
4163.jpg

It only does video, so audio would have to be from my Sony...but it sure does macro well. And records straight to computer via usb. Then I could cut between 2 angles.

I really want to try and shoot excellent quality video. Both for my youTube vids and now for magazine subscriber video content. Don't think for a minute that part of me doesn't miss the old SMA videos. It was a blast. When I started I went nuts! Tons of hours and hours. It was unsustainable.

Sure am looking forward to that Firebird though. And it will be on youTube for sure.

Wow the detail in that camera looks nice.

And here I thought you were asking ideas to paint the car when I said black and some shade of silver.

I think having separate audio and video would be more professional and a bit easier. You highlighted that camera because of the quality of it, but in using it you could also go with higher quality audio in that it is separate. In them being separate you would have to edit them together, but I don't imagine this is too hard. And with them being separate you can replace segments of audio or video without having to redo the whole segment.

Yeah a USB condenser mic would up the production value a lot. Great point.

So, who wants to buy a T-shirt?

He does have a few at his place. I'd let them. Go for $15 shipping incl.

Playing some catch up.....nice dungeon your planning Scott!! That camera looks sweet too!!! Big time production coming soon!!! Outstanding!!! ;)

Nothing like a fresh environment to get the juices flowing. I'm sure the man cave will look wicked. Can't wait to see what you do with the Firebird!!! What type of paint are you considering?

LOL...it's canada in the winter....my guess outside in the snow!! ;D

Latest posts

Back