Schleppin' around on th OST Front

panzerace007

Hey Guys & Gals ,

Well here's My 1st. of 2 entries into THE Premere Modeling Contest .....

I'm goin totally Old School !! This is th older kit from Italeri ... The Raupenschlepper Ost 1 .... It's too bad that with th recent release from DML of th later version that this is th only Early version out there .... but.... Time to sharpen My Skillz ....

I'll be addin th Edward P.E. set , the FriulModel tracks & (not sure If you Guys are familiar with this company 1120 productions - http://www.1120production.blogspot.com/ ) a set of Resin Roadwheels from 1120 productions. I happened upon these When I was checking out Their German Headphone/Mic set. These Wheels look BOSS .... They are , literally , comin on th slow boat from China ..... :eek: Allegedly They'll be here by th end of th month .... ::) Fingers Crossed & Knockin' on Wood !

Obligatory Start Pictures :

DSC08867.jpg
DSC08870.jpg
DSC08869.jpg
Z-05_b1.jpg

Z-05_b2.jpg
These are actually product shots from Their Web site .... Lookin PHAT !!

Lona03.jpg
01-1500rso10.jpg
skijager-div-rso.jpg
panzer0316.jpg
Here are some shots of the RSO in action .... th last picture is from th Italian Theater, which some what rare as th RSO was developed specifically for the Eastern Front .. hence th OST in it's name. I'm not sure what Unit this is, but Fo-Sho They got transfered to th italian front .... Not sure date either ..... ;D

I was wondering when your entry would show. Interesting choice! I will be watching!

Yeah Dawg!!! Nice bid there!! Count me in for the show!! lOL...Wasp...your killin' me!!! Betas what my wife thinks was music from the 80's!!

;)

This is one vehicle that I am aching to build, really looking forward to seeing your progress

I always liked those vehicles. I think it’s because of the nice line they had. So I will be watching closely.

the dragon version with the pak 40 was a dogs dinner to do, the pak 40 was a dream to build. hope yours wont be as bad Erik

HEY EVERYBODY ,

Thanx for stoping by !! I still gotta clear a couple of pieces off th Bench to get to this one ... But I've built this way ... Way back in th day .... I'm really lookin forward to this build ! I love th fact that despite th times .. the Italeri did a one piece cab !

*Knocks on wood* I just hope that th New Resin Road Wheels go on & th Friullies mate up ... It'll all be Gravy after that !!

Stay tuned We'll get this Schlepper rollin !!

@ TRM .... Your Wife Digs WASP ..... She's got good taste !! \m/

Love that little machine....

Never finished mine... Don't know why ? I have the ModelKasten movable tracks...
and they are so tiny !!!

I might finish it someday!!! had big plans but like most things.... other Cooler kits got in the way !

Good luck with Yours... she is a Sleeper ! You make her Shine Ok ?

LOL

Is it done yet ;D ;D Man O man ...more W.A.S.P ....LOL ,gotta love it ;D

Chris.

Hey Guys ,

Due to My New work schedule ... Bench time is hard to come by ! SO I fell behind on th SMA BSC ... This is where I'm at right now ... I started to not do an Interior ... I just couldn't leave well enough alone ! ;D
Plus I picked up some awesome reference from MK.35 & Their RSO/1 book. It's reference, with some choice pix of a couple of Builds. It's all in French , but comes with a companion English translation booklet. It's an Awesome walk around reference !!

Also ... MK.35 ... AWESOME to deal with !! I ordered it & shipped to My house in Virginia USA .... under 2 weeks & Airmail to boot ! Great Guys & They have some top notch stuff ! Check 'em out if ya get th chance !

MK.35 - http://www.mk35.com/index.php?page=shop.product_details&category_id=21&flypage=shop.flypage&product_id=216&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=1&lang=en

O.K . ... Here's th update !!

DSC08917.jpg
DSC08918.jpg
DSC08921.jpg
The Kit parts along side the Resin pieces. The kit parts are a bit too thick & the Lug nuts on the rim are a tad too long. I will have to trim the torsion bars back 2mm , as per instructions , to accomodate the thinner resin wheels.
Th road wheels from 1120 productions sitting along side the Kit parts from Italeri . They Rock ! I ordered them direct & received Very Fast Service from China - Airmail & 2 weeks !! I was shocked. They even provided a tracking number !! AWESOME !!! From China ... unheard of ! They are Pioneers !
- http://www.etsy.com/shop/k59production?ref=em - They also have another name - K59 productions. Either way Their products are Slammed with Detail & Service is Smokin ! - Sorry ... I don't meant to sound like a commercial , but I'm simply givin credit where Credit is Due !!

Moving along to th interior. After checking references .. Italeri's interior is all wrong & Even some of the Edward P.E. is wrong. I had to hold back from adding too many screens to the Console that covered th motor.

DSC08915.jpg
DSC08913.jpg
DSC08916.jpg
Seen in th last picture ... I had to cut out the Boxed-out molded seats. They are just way wrong. They will be replaced with a wire frame seat & a tool box under both seats. I replaced the big gash with some .04" styrene sheet from Evergreen. I 1st. cut a piece that went across the floor. With the seat blocks cut out, it took a lot of the strength out of the Floor , so it's actually one piece that spans the width & two smaller pieces of the .04 on the sides. It added a lot of strength back into th interior floor.

DSC08923.jpg
Also after checking the RSO book, I was surprised to find that th RSO actually came with door panels. So I took some super thin Evergreen sheet trimmed out a couple of door panels & grabbed some door handles off of an Old ICM VW Kafer & fabbed some Window cranks out of sheet stock. All that's left to do is add the Chain for the door pull !

DSC08925.jpg
As per th Edward P.E. set. I added some of the grill detail to the "hood" of the RSO. I'll still add th trademark slats ... again from th Edward set !

DSC08908.jpg
DSC08909.jpg
DSC08911.jpg
Taking a break from th interior ..... I tended to th Exterior. I filled th holes for the kit wiper blades , on th rear of the Cab- I filled the locators for the tools , Edward provided th tool clasps. I also cut out & replaced the Kit molded screens with th ones from th Edward set.. If ya look closely I added a Dashboard again, from Edward, to house th Gauges , Edward also provided on some Acetate for th gauge faces. This Edward set is PHAT !! I was surprised at th depth of this set !!

Well .... That's about it ... Oh Wait ..

DSC08912.jpg
My 3 year old Daughter wanted to Help Daddy today in th Panzer Shoppe. She's holding the Interior floor .... ;D Yeah ... I'll have her cleaning road wheels in no time !! :eek:

So .. .that's where I'm at right now. Still a lot more to do. I noticed tonight that th sprockets are a lil' wonky ... so serious work on th alignment is next .... Any one know a good way to go about this ? I'll put up some pix tomorrow to better show ya; what I mean.

Latest posts

Back