blog_stag_2.jpg

blog_stag_3.jpg

blog_stag_4.jpg

blog_stag_5-1.jpg

blog_stag_6-1.jpg

blog_stag_7-1.jpg

Oh it's on now!

;D

Time to step up my game, big J is in the hizouse. I wonder if Scott will take bribes...

lol

;D Hi Ken

it's in the weathering stages at the moment, I've managed to get it from box to weathering in 3 weeks... at the cost of some of the finer details, but I've managed to cram as many in as possible.

Weathering began today with some oils. I'll get some better pics soon. Those last 3 are straight off the bare bench !

My google fu was strong and turned up this website, It may help you out with finishing.

Makes me glad I am not doing anything in THIS category...... I wouldn't have a chance! Great work, keep it up.

Looking good Jon,

How do you like the Vallejo Primer? I just got it in at the shop last week, and haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Looks like it covered quite well!

Elm City Hobbies said:
Looking good Jon,

How do you like the Vallejo Primer? I just got it in at the shop last week, and haven't had a chance to try it out yet. Looks like it covered quite well!

It's absolutely fantastic stuff, I was very impressed with it. It goes straight into the airbrush and leaves a smooth, robust finish. Covers metal and plastic equally well.

all you other guys - thanks for the comments. I have really gone back to my "own" style i.e using techniques I developed myself instead of messing around with other guys' stuff like Colour Modulation. I mentioned this on my blog, it kind of muddled my hobby up a little. Now I'm going back to my own ways I'm really, really enjoying watching my finish develop.

On to the progress !

Stage 2 of the weathering, the whole hull has had oils applied. I used three tones, one base, a very subtle adjustment to base (hardly visible on pictures really) and an "accumulated grime" tone which should speak for itself really. These layers are separated with matt varnish as described in the video I did months and months ago. This also means that the resulting finish provides a nice surface for pigments to grip onto. I don't think I'll actually add any pigments as dust on the hull, only as dried mud. The oils do the dust quite well on their own I think.

stage_2_01.jpg

stage_2_02.jpg

stage_2_03.jpg

stage_2_04.jpg

You armor guys are quite humbling to the rest of us...

Nice build...

Latest posts

Back