Canadian Staghound

noname

Thought I'd try to jump in with this thing. Hopefully I can get it done. Cover me I'm going in!

1428_rn.jpg

Looking forward to seeing you bite into this one noname!!! Count me in!!! ;)

Thanks TRM, I'm in good company then.

Spud, get your Staghound out and we'll make it a party.

I thought this would be a quick build. After starting one of the hull sides I can see many small parts are involved.

IMG_0063.jpg

Quick build & Bronco......those 2 things don't go together or even in the same sentence.

Having said that, they do build into a great kit.

I hear ya Scott. The good part is it will have nice detail in the end. All those little pieces that are add ons will look better than if they were molded on, or worst,...not even there.

NONAME ,

C'Mon in th house !! I like th body style .. It looks mean ! I've built th Bronco 221 & I thought that kit was flaw-less , 'cept for th fact that th rear screen should've had an open molded frame !

Lookin forward to it !

Thanks guys, good to have you on board.

Got most of the one hull side done. I've decided to leave the pioneer tools and fuel tank off. Thought it may be easier to paint then put it on later. I may decide to put them on before painting. It's not really a big deal. Just as long as the details remain clean.

IMG_0071.jpg

The most difficult part to do so far is the fuel tank straps.

IMG_0069.jpg

As you can see there is a little rod that goes through the buckle (?) that attaches the hooks to the PE straps. I don't see where the rod is supplied. There certaily is no number for a part. No biggy, guitar string to the rescue.

IMG_0072.jpg

I lost one of the hooks that attach the fuel tank strap to the body. It was so small and it flew so far. ::) I can just make another or maybe leave the strap undone for interest. Could have been broken right? I'm sure these rigs weren't exactly babied. 8)

Thanks for stopping by.

I saw this kit at a hobby shop up here and was tempted to buy it. Those instructions give Dragon's a run for their money. ???

noname you should put some making take at the back of the pe set to avoid escapees. but man them straps are da bomb!

Spud, it was actually plastic part I lost. Ya the straps are pretty neat. Nice and thin and bendable.

Beob, that is something unusual you participated in. Not many can say they helped restore a Staghound. Hope I can do it justice. They say with a set of chains, the Staghounds could go just about anywhere a tank could.

noname said:
Beob, that is something unusual you participated in. Not many can say they helped restore a Staghound. Hope I can do it justice. They say with a set of chains, the Staghounds could go just about anywhere a tank could.

We restored a ferret to running condition, a Universal Carrier to almost running condition (someone decided to toss the engine and tranny while we were gone to Afghanistan just before we got to work on it), the Staghound, Sherman monument and we have a park with various AFVs that were in dire need of work as well.

Then there was a Centurion, but we dodged that bullet.

Cool stuff Beob.

I went ahead and added the pioneer tools to the hull side. I really dig the fine little PE buckle and straps. It's so fine it is hardly noticeable with the naked eye.

IMG_0079.jpg

The tripod looking thing has to be added yet. Does anybody know what exactly it's use is? I don't think they were taking videos. ;D Maybe for binoculars? Some sort of compass? Maybe for propping up small model dioramas while taking pictures?

Oh thanks Ken. There is always bits on these AFVs that I have no clue what they are.

No worries,

I just thought some of your other options were funny. ;)

The big tripod seen on Allied armor is for the .50 cal, the smaller tripods are for the .30 cal. You have the large one pictured I believe, not sure if that kit comes with the smaller ones as well?

50Cal-Korea_June%201952.jpg

k41196_US%20WW2%20M1919%20Browning%20.30%20cal.%20air-cooled%20machine-.jpg

That definately looks like it.

Maybe you know what these two things are by chance. Or anybody else?

ytuytu.jpg

And while I'm at it I'll ask another question. The barrels on the side must be for fuel. But I don't think they are the main fuel supply as in some photos they are missing. Would these simply be use for spare fuel?

Well, Im posting from my phone so the picture is tiny but the top items look like the gun cleaning rods, they would s rew together after removal. The other item is to small on this screen for me to see it.

Those are indeed spare fuel tanks, designed to get the vehicle a long distance and be easily and quickly dropped in combat to avoid fire hazard if need be.

Latest posts

Back