It's absolutely fantastic stuff, I was very impressed with it. It goes straight into the airbrush and leaves a smooth, robust finish. Covers metal and plastic equally well.
all you other guys - thanks for the comments. I have really gone back to my "own" style i.e using techniques I developed myself instead of messing around with other guys' stuff like Colour Modulation. I mentioned this on my blog, it kind of muddled my hobby up a little. Now I'm going back to my own ways I'm really, really enjoying watching my finish develop.
On to the progress !
Stage 2 of the weathering, the whole hull has had oils applied. I used three tones, one base, a very subtle adjustment to base (hardly visible on pictures really) and an "accumulated grime" tone which should speak for itself really. These layers are separated with matt varnish as described in the video I did months and months ago. This also means that the resulting finish provides a nice surface for pigments to grip onto. I don't think I'll actually add any pigments as dust on the hull, only as dried mud. The oils do the dust quite well on their own I think.