Canadian Staghound

noname

Reaction score
Oooops! ::) Thanks for pointing that out Ken. I didn't do my homework. I have some walkaround pics but just assumed it was a weld line. My bad. On closer inspection I can see what you are saying. That bottom piece of the rear turret is a separate part and when put together there is a tad gap. I'll fix that.

Thanks for your comments Spud and Panzerace. I've got the fender on. Soon getting to primer. I need to wait for a warmer day. I do have a shed I can paint in but it is not insulated and my wood stove doesn't do much in below zero weather. I usually use Tamiya rattle can primer so....

noname

Reaction score
Thanks.Yes it is a little challenging, but do-able. I was taken by surprise because I figured this subject matter would be a quicker build. Well, Bronco is up on their detail let's just say that. And that is good. ;)

There is some detail to the inside of the turret too if you want to open a hatch. No detail for inside the hull though. Oh, and I was surprised at the size of this thing. Bigger than expected.

TRM

Reaction score
Coming along great noname!!! Nice bit of scratchwork too!! ;)

noname

Reaction score
We got primer. You know what that means!

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Reaction score
Looking good with the primer on Matt ..Bring on da paint ;D

Chris.

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Reaction score
thats looking cool cant wait to see a differnt color tough ;D

noname

Reaction score
Thanks guys. Been busy lately but hopefully can get some base coat on it soon.

I kinda dig it white. But,..of course it's got to be green. ;)

noname

Reaction score
What do you guys think of my Staghound, cutting matt and pencil dio. ;D

Got some paint on today. Ran into a couple of snags , but I won't get into that. :-[ :(
No modulation here, however I did use two different shades of the same colour here to simulate paint fade. I don't think it is all that noticeable in the photo.

I have been really busy so I don't know how progress will be, but this is a good starte eh?

spud

Irish and proud of it :)
Reaction score
Paint!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yer right i cant really tell that you used two shades but im sure when you add filters washes and Mud it will all start to show

Chris S

Its a bit like being handcuffed to a lunatic !
Reaction score
Paint is looking good Matt ,just keep it ticking along when you can mate ...no pressure ;)

Chris.

Myke

Reaction score
i think the dio needs more pencil... IMO

noname

Reaction score
Thanks guys. I still have LOTS to do.

Myke.LOL

Eastrock

It's All About The Fun!!!
Reaction score
looks sharp... you still got a plenty of time to finish, your almost halfway there ;D

noname

Reaction score
LOL, ya never know I might get enough time in to finish this thing. Darn, I just remember I had to make a little stowage to. ::)

panzerace007

Reaction score
NONAME,

Rock-it on th paint ! I'm lookin forward to th weathering !!

\m/

TRM

Reaction score
I heard the word WEATHERING!!!!! Carry on sir!!!

noname

Reaction score
Thanks for your interest guys. I really haven't had much time to work on this. March will be a better month so if I get this done by the end of Feb. I'll be lucky. I did take some time to make a few ammo boxes last night that can often be seen on Staghound fenders, but... they were too big. So now I will scale them down a little. I suppose I should stick some decals on there too before weathering is started. I should put a clear coat on too I suppose. You know I usually don't even put a clear coat on before waethering? Ya, it is a little tricky but it can work.

Latest posts