Revell Republic Star Destroyer

I must say - it is starting to really look the part. I like that hangar bay too.
Have you started the engines yet? I''m keen to have a look at those inserts
I have another couple of projects to finish then I might think about having another go at one of these - but this time in the Imperial colour.

Madhatter said:
I must say - it is starting to really look the part. I like that hangar bay too.
Have you started the engines yet? I''m keen to have a look at those inserts
I have another couple of projects to finish then I might think about having another go at one of these - but this time in the Imperial colour.

The resin inserts do look great but I have opted not to buy them, just going to use these nozzles I got from nicholas. I am more or less done modifying the top section, well, at least until I get further into the build. Also started drilling fiber holes.

2015-09-26%2022.23.42_zpsty4argrw.jpg

2015-09-26%2022.23.57_zpswq6evyty.jpg

2015-09-26%2022.24.12_zpsul6asqxh.jpg

There are four square openings on the top hull. I cut those open and just built up the areas a little bit.

2015-09-26%2012.53.41_zpsbiu4sjwn.jpg

And just adding some piping around the turret areas

2015-09-26%2012.53.30_zpsjaqvuoxo.jpg

Also been fiddling with the engines, none of this is glue in, just seeing how it all fits together.

2015-09-26%2022.25.24_zpsr0psogmi.jpg

Lastly I have started to modify the twin bridge area. Instead of fibers I am cutting the area out and will add some kind of window in with an LED in each tower.

2015-09-26%2022.25.19_zpsqmwu3tkv.jpg

Thanks for looking

Thanks guys!

Here is some progress on the tower

Before:

2015-10-26%2021.15.22_zpsatx1mbdc.jpg

And after:

2015-10-26%2021.14.54_zpstzjytlqr.jpg

I'm gonna add a few fiber optic holes then this side will be done. Now to do the other side.

Man, this build is really inspiring! I particularly love the details you've added to the ventral trench.

Are you planning to super detail the sidewalls too?

Jason Abbadon said:
Man, this build is really inspiring! I particularly love the details you've added to the ventral trench.

Are you planning to super detail the sidewalls too?

Thanks Jason. I haven't decided if I am going to do that or not. Once I finish up these towers I am gonna dry fit everything and see how it looks. It may look out of place as it is or it may not.

coming along nicely - looking forward to seeing the ifnished result
Jason, unless I am mistaken, the windows are cut from a 1/12 PE Motorcycle radiator frame made by Acustion (Japan). You can still get them from HLJ - I know because I just recently bought another frame for my next Venator :)

Madhatter said:
coming along nicely - looking forward to seeing the ifnished result
Jason, unless I am mistaken, the windows are cut from a 1/12 PE Motorcycle radiator frame made by Acustion (Japan). You can still get them from HLJ - I know because I just recently bought another frame for my next Venator :)

Yep those are the ones!!

I had a look at your videos and you mentioned in the second one that you were concerned about how busy the superstructure would be compared to the rest of it - I wouldn't worry about it.

Don't forget, when you lay down the strip plastic, it looks mental and crazy, but it all settles down and looses the cluttered look with paint.

Latest posts

Back