Revell Fokker DR1

Well...here's an update on the Fokker..

Tried my hand at "simulating" wood. This is the first application of artist oils over Vallejo Sand....

This is the final result. I was stressing doing this but had a blast painting it in the end. i'm pretty proud of it being my first time and all.

Thanks Quralane. Man...I was stressing having to do it. Sounds crazy but I was dreading it. never did one before but once the painting started...it was a blast!

Okay....Update time.

This kit gave me fits. Nothing fit right and had a heck of a time with the "Future." But, here we are.

Three coats of Future. Waiting for this girl to dry so I can continue with the weathering and decals.

Criticism and advice welcome....

BNzp2AcCMAAas1h.jpg:large

RedDragon62 said:
BN0NTgeCEAEyuhS.jpg:large

One more coat of "Future" before the final weathering and she's all done.
Wonderfull...i i thought the germans called this plan "roter baron"...am i wrong ?
How did made the propeller wooden look ?

Sweet! I've always wanted to build a triplane. Not sure my skills are up to par for a kit with the problems you describe just yet though. Great job

She looks good , it really is a poor kit and a bit of a nightmare to put together ,but you've done an excellent job , I like the prop too :)

Chris.

levo said:
RedDragon62 said:
BN0NTgeCEAEyuhS.jpg:large

One more coat of "Future" before the final weathering and she's all done.
Wonderfull...i i thought the germans called this plan "roter baron"...am i wrong ?
How did made the propeller wooden look ?

Levo...I used a base of yellow Vallejo paint. Let it "cure" for a few days. I then used "Burnt Umber" oil paint and brushed it on. Waited a few hours and went over the prop with a "Clean" brush to remove excess oil paint. Waited a few hours more and took a "clean" 000 brush and started making the lines and knots. Waited 24 hours then shot some "Future" over it

Chris S said:
She looks good , it really is a poor kit and a bit of a nightmare to put together ,but you've done an excellent job , I like the prop too :)

Chris.

Yeah...This kit was pretty bad but I think she came out okay.

Latest posts

Back