Revell Fokker DR1

RedDragon62

Just trying to build a decent model
Well...Started a new "build." Manfred von Richthofen's Fokker DR.1

So far it's coming along okay but this kit does have some faults. Anyway....tips, advice etc greatly appreciated.

Without further ado....The Baron's ride:

780233565.jpg

proxy.jpg

Not alot of pieces to this model but the molding, flash and pin marks are terrible

Weathered the guns. Also...some nasty pin marks but the guns are so small, you can barely notice them unless your "Eyeballing" them with a zoom lens.
proxy.jpg

And.....This is where I am at now. Still trying to figure out how to "simulate" a decent woodgrain for the prop.
Until the next update....Keep on modeling!

Thanks for watching!

780235405.jpg

Thats a very old kit !! Takes a bit of work ,but can make up into a presentable model :) ,you're getting on well with it ,Looking forward to the finish . I built one a while ago ,but didnt finish it as Richtofens bird .

Chris.

Chris S said:
Thats a very old kit !! Takes a bit of work ,but can make up into a presentable model :) ,you're getting on well with it ,Looking forward to the finish . I built one a while ago ,but didnt finish it as Richtofens bird .

Chris.

Yeah. It's an old kit. I volunteer mentoring as a Big Brother for 5 kids. A few weeks ago I sold some Native American jewelry I had that was passed down to me to buy some kits for these kids and this was one no one wanted so I kept it for myself. They wanted the cars and such but I am enjoying it.

That's looking really nice. The engine in particular is a cracker :)
(& good on you for volunteering to help the kids too!)

Thats a great thing you're doing for the kids !! i'd love to see some of their builds when they're done :)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back