Revell - Ferrari F2007 Kimi Raikonnen

I'd like Jenson to win it this year too. He's a great driver to watch, especially when conditions suit him, he can be much faster than the rest of the field (Canada last year!!!).

The Malaysian GP starts at 9.00am this sunday (very reasonable I would say). So I expect you to be watching, spud. ;D

Does BBC or ITV show it this year? if its Sky ill have to get my mates pw so i can watch it on the ipad.

The BBC only have the rights for 10 out of the 20 races this year. They are showing highlights for every race though.

Sky have the rights for all the races, but their pre and post race analysis sucks. Good commentators though in David Croft and Martin Brundle.

ya mate said same last night so he gave me his skygo details ;D only prob is he reached his max for this month lol, so next month ill be able to use it.

Any idea what races BBC have?

Sweet thanks Igard,

Wow just had a look over it and it would Seem teh BBc have the better races. Sweet.

Yeah, I think Canada would've been very nice to have too.

I've done some more work on the Ferrari today, I'll post some progress pics maybe tomorrow. Some of it good, some of bad....

Sleepy time now. I've got to get up for the race AND the clocks have gone forward!!. zzzz

Woops-a-daisy! Completely forgot to take photos. :p

Managed a bit more tonight too. The driver is looking terrible. I'll see what I can do before I post pics of him.

I will take pics tomorrow. I will I will I will I will.... But no promises. ;D

Ok, technically I'm a day late, but here's what I've got.

Tyres. 2007 had those fugly 'hub caps' over them, but I'm going to leave them off for personal reasons. I used Alclad II white aluminium for the alloys (first time using it). I think I might put some 'BBS' logos on the rims of the wheels, but I'm concerned about sealing them. I don't think I can put clear coats over the rubber tyres now that they're on? :-\

2012-03-28_00-31-06_511.jpg

Added a little vent to the helmet as per Raikkonen 2007. Still alot to do here. Sanded continues. Helmet pattern has been located for the decals.

2012-03-28_00-33-45_67.jpg

The front wing almost complete. I think there's a couple more decals to go on this and some winglets that attach to the nose.

2012-03-28_00-35-02_57.jpg

Not much I know. I was gonna post pics of the driver, my first proper attempt at painting a figure, but it seems I suck at it, so it's a work in progress for now. :)

lol we all suck at one thing and i think most suck at figures excpt chris.. The Rims Look real good as does that front wing

Cheers for the comments guys. I've just sat down and given the figure a light wash. And it looks much worse!! I'll add some highlights and try to tidy it a bit, but that's gonna have to be it. Was gonna print some decals for it, but I'm not really that bothered now.

On that note, there are some decals missing from the kit. The Ferrari 'Barcode' you know the one that they used when they couldn't display the ciggy advertising? Well, it's not included in the decals.

I've bought the Ferrari F10 kit and those decals are included in that.

No, but it might be easier to print a custom decal using the cig advert as opposed to the tricky barcode lines.

Another problem is it's white, so printing will have to be done on white decal paper with a red background. I can't think of another way to do it, unless I bight the bullet and look for some aftermarket. Don't know if they do any for this.

I've got time to consider, since this will be taking a back seat once the contest starts. Hang on! There are no back seats in an F1 car!! :D

Latest posts

Back