Revell - Ferrari F2007 Kimi Raikonnen

Igard

I'm gonna make this Kimi Raikonnen's championship winning car.

The plan is to add a figure to the cockpit and place it in a diorama. I've never done a dio before, so I'll be learning as I go and taking my time.

Probably put the car on the track around a corner. That way, I can put one of those big racing kerbs in and some grass at the side, maybe even the edge of the gravel trap if there's room.

Might be quite a long term project this.

2012-02-05_01-17-52_466.jpg

I started painting the engine, but decided it wasn't looking so great so I stopped here. I'll be sealing it up anyway. I'm liking the carbon fibre decals, thought the fit isn't great.

2012-02-16_04-54-40_38.jpg

And here, one of the decals has broken, you can just see it on the left there. Luckily, it's on the underside.

2012-02-16_04-55-19_984.jpg

Got the lower parts all in place. I'm using Tamiya x-7, nothing else. I think I could go lighter or darker, but it all depends on what reference picture I look at. There will be some slight weathering anyway.

2012-02-16_06-06-55_716.jpg

There are footpedals!! Might have to remove these if the driver doesn't fit. They won't be seen anyway.

2012-02-16_06-07-38_967.jpg

Thanks for reading. I'm looking forward to this one. I've 'built' F1 car models before, but never to a reasonable standard, I think the last I 'built' was when I was 13. Never even painted one before!

:)

These do make nice little kits when finished ...Look forward to it :)

Chris.

Thanks for the comments guys. Hopefully I can make this an interesting one.

First of all, I notice I spelled 'Raikkonen' wrong in the title. :-[

Now, I got this Fujimi drivers kit. 1/24th scale. Anyone know any other good kits for racing figures at this scale? This was the only one I could find.

It's not bad, it even comes with a swimsuit model!!!

2012-02-18_21-51-42_475.jpg

Hmmm... I have no idea what I'm doing here, just winging it! The driver needs to seriously slim down.

2012-02-22_23-11-54_734.jpg

Test fitting for that Kimi Raikkonen physique.

2012-02-23_00-44-32_875.jpg

I noticed that the shavings from the driver look like something familiar. This might be useful later for the diorama. Can you guess what it is?

2012-02-22_23-30-20_825.jpg

Oh yes, a chance to show off my low budget chopper.

2012-02-23_00-18-06_392.jpg

It seems to make more sense to build and paint the forearms attached to the wheel. Shame the thumbs fell off!

2012-02-28_00-26-17_199.jpg

And I hollowed out the air intake and tidied it up with a strip of styrene.

2012-02-25_13-57-39_393.jpg

Hopefully get a bit more done at the weekend. That's all for now folks. :)

Dude, check out sleepylafiael's channel on YouTube. Someone linked to a couple of his vids in Scott G's Meng pick-up build in the Dioramas section. He's got a ton of Japanese modeling show rips; I watched someone super-detail and super-gloss a Honda/McLaren F1 racer like this, and it came out amazingly!

Just a tip. Totally worth it, though!

Those guys are amazing! I just watched one where he does some super-gloss coat on a Ferrari much like what I'm building here. He put some aluminium rivets in his. I might do the same if I can find some small enough.

The only problem with that is, the panel lines aren't accurate on this kit, so the rivets won't be accurate either. Still, should look good.

Thanks for the info ND. :)

I've ordered replacement parts for my Williams 1/12 fe14b wich I will be doing soon enough, that fig looks like a good fit, well after all the chopping :p

I've got the Williams in my stash, what extras did you get for it?

I've found new wheel hubs online but their about $250, more than the kit, so i can't justify the expence but anyhoo the Tamiya is such a nice kit i don't think it will need the extra detail.

I'm also looking for a 1/32 driver figure for another project any ideas Spud?

As for the Japanese vids, i think he uses Polycarbinate laquer then sands it with 4000grit and polishes with a wax, i saw some polycarb floor laquer at my local DIY store do you think that would work?

Great build by the way, love the carbon fibre decals.

Gag

there not extras, i bought my kit 16 years ago and some bits vanished over time. so just replacing what went missing.

I agree, not enough F1, haven't seen that may MotoGP bikes either or bikes in general?

I wish Tamiya would bring out more 1/12 F1 cars, and maybe a 1/6 MotoGP bike or two.

My money is on Jenson For the championship. (remember you saw it here first)

Gag

but he didnt win :p

i recon it will be mclaren this season jensen and that muppet. altough when he isnt down teh feild he can drive,

You called it Gags. Although I'm not disagreeing with you, if Lewis can sort his head out, he can win it. If he sorts himself out. His attitude after the race was far too negative.

As it stands, though, Jensen is the better driver.

Jenson is smooooooth and i think with the new tyres that will make the difference this year.

I agree with you about Lewis, a little better in the race situation if he gets his head sorted. But i think Jenson is the more complete driver this year.

But for me as long as the races are exciting and close and the season comes down to a nail biter (and Jenson wins) i'll be happy LOL. ;D

And Spud, where i come from if you finish first you win. He didn't win the whole thing but he's closer than anyone else after one race, which he did win.

Gag

i didnt get to see it and i couldnt find it on tv, so once the rest of the season kicks off i should be able to see them once they are on at a normal time :)

Latest posts

Back