Revell 1:72 Heinkel HE 219

Thanks for the positive comments guys and all the support on this build.

Well I'm done!

Considering the problems I had with this one, I'm happy the way it turned out. I tried a bunch of what was (for me) new techniques including;

1) replacing raised panel lines with stretched sprue,
2) free hand camouflage,
3) sanding back the raised panel lines after painting to reveal the black under coat (worked nice - I'll be using this again in the future)
4)heavier use of artist oils for weathering (I think I over did it, the brown on the wings was supposed to look like oil / hydraulic strains - but ended up looking a little too much like rust in my mind)

The pictures turned out a little wonky, as I couldn't set-up in my usual photo location - kids playing Halo.

Thanks for looking, and comments welcome.

Jason (JMac)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Here's a few pictures showing how the panel lines turned out. On the top surfaces they are hard to see due to the camp spots.

The only problem was that the original panel lines on the model were faint or inconsistent in spots. But I think it adds some life to older kits out there. :)

Jason

Great job JMac! I know you had some ups and downs on this one but you stuck with it and finished with an awesome result. Congrats!!

JMac, well done 219. I , especially, like the photo close-up on the cockpit area.
Spot on!!! Nice laser straight canopy lines, well done crew, and beautiful prop spin
effect. Also, nice display stand. I'm a big fan of action displays.
Keep up the great works.

Diggin' the turning props, I used that technique on some of battleship models launching Kingfishers.

James

Thanks James. It's the second time I've done a prop blur that way. The other build was a 1:144 Lancaster.

this is good UHU, i have the same kit, but i think its too hard to me to build with the good result.

Some pretty Wicked Camo on that Girl dude ! woaw....

not sure if I remember the Luftwaffe having yellow tip propellers but.... it does look pretty Cool !

Is it easy to do..... ? :D

Norm.

Thanks and!e, VanceCrozier and Norm.

@ and!e - there are better kits of the He 219 on the market. I'd like to try and build one of the Dragon kits sometime soon.

schweinhund227 said:
not sure if I remember the Luftwaffe having yellow tip propellers but.... it does look pretty Cool !

Is it easy to do..... ?

LOL
:-[ Doh! :-[ Well I'll be fixing those before I go to my IPMS meeting. Yep, they'll be having a nice date with the pretty Miss Isopropyl Alcohol.

Very easy to do - see this link http://www.ratomodeling.com/articles/turning_props/
Some of the other guys on the forum have made blurs this way also - check out some of the builds by DaveTheChef and JediPuju.

Jason

JMac that is a really cool method on getting props to look as if their in motion. Looks great. The putz that I am would be doing the tiny electric motor routine and finding a way to put light in the cockpit and wing tips.

Thanks Glorfindel - I like making the prop blurs this way because it's really easy to do.

Here's the props fixed up after my yellow oops... ::)
Thanks for the feed back Norm. :)

Now I think I'm done. Maybe, maybe not.

Comments & suggestions always welcome.

Jason

Latest posts

Back