Revell 1:72 Heinkel HE 219

Thanks Scott & C.P.O.

I've finally chance to post some update pictures. We have an exchange student living with us, and consequently have had our evenings filled with activities...

In order to get this moving again I've decided to not worry to much more about the dorsal seam that kind of shows. It bugs me, but it's not really that bad. Besides the goal for this model is the raised panel line experiment. I primed the plane with Vallejo black polyurethane, then "coloured-in" the panels with Vallejo model-air RLM 76 to act as my pre-shade. Now I'm misting the RLM 76 over the whole model to get the base colour. I'll start in on the camouflage RLM 75 spots next week...maybe.

Fun is seeping back in.

Thanks for looking. Comments welcome.
JMac

[attachment deleted by admin]

You on the right way. The RLM 75/76 Camo fits the Uhu very well. Seems like you hadnt any problems with the antenna poles.

Sweet bit 'o' painting there JMac.
I know how you feel about that "modelling funk" and having all those external forces pull you down! I just got back from a long vacation where even if I wanted to do some modelling I just stayed away from the bench. Scott's got the right idea too, that quick success is great for confidence and motivation. I do that a lot when things get frustrating.

Thanks for the support Myke, C.P.O. & Q. I'm getting out of the funk - I'm back on the build with this one - abet very slowly. I've totally finished up the base coat. Now I'm masking the cockpit glass and painting the cockpit. Hopefully I'll do the camouflage spots next week. I still have to deal with my pilot figures... meh, no rush. :)

Thanks again.

Thats looking mighty fine buddy !, cant wait to see the camo spots on it :)
Glad you found your way again ;)

Chris.

Nibbling away at all of my builds...

Got the spots on the He 219 now. It's the first time I've used my new Badger Velocity airbrush - it was fantastic (kind of feel like I'm cheating on my Iwata ::)). The spots are Vallejo Model Air, worked great with the Velocity. I seriously need more practice doing free hand work with the airbrush. Otherwise, I'm pretty happy for a first attempt.

Seriously good work for a first attempt JMac ...or even a third of fourth attempt .....exellent stuff ! ,a nice wash will settle the colours down well ;)

Chris.

Thanks ShutterAce and Chris. This has languished so long, I'm glad to have it progressing again.

One thing I found weird when I was doing the spots was that most of the time I could spray a small spot, no problem. Then, all of a sudden - it would spit up a splat of paint. I have a regulator and a moisture trap on the line. It's pretty low humidity here in Edmonton also. The only thing I can think of, is that for doing small areas my pressure maybe is set too high ( approx. 20 psi). Ideas?

Well I've actually started putting the decals on to this monster. Pictures to follow soon, weekend( ish).

:)

Yow, very nice paint job on her. That kind of camo is very difficult. You did it great :)

Thanks ShutterAce, Chris and C.P.O.

Right now I'm glad I kept with this kit rather than just tossing it when I had some problems with it. Decals are almost done. Next up I plan to finally put arms on my pilot, and build a radar operator.

Lots of other stuff still to finish also. Still have to decide what I want to do with the props (painted clear disks or may be prop-blurs). Building the stand has not even started. Weathering...

I'm just going to take it easy and chip away at it.

Thanks for looking, comments always welcome.

Jason (JMac)

Thanks Longlance67 & Q. It's been a little while since I updated this thread. Sorry about that...

The build has not really sat idle, I have been chipping away at this build still (very slowly) between finishing off the Navy/Marine GB. The decals are all done and I've made a base/stand. Glad I got that done before the weather got wicked cold in the garage (it's not heated). The stand is made with a kind of hook shaped profile so I can remove the model at any time.

Next up finishing painting the crew, weathering, the props and finally a very little bit of rigging.

Thanks for taking a look.

Jason (JMac)

Very nice display of a beautifully decorated plane. Hats off to yoy Jason for slugging through a difficult build. Great job!

Thats coming out very nice Jason !! Glad you stuck at it ;)

Chris.

Latest posts

Back