Revell 1:48 Do 335-V10 Night Fighter

JMac

cut. glue. paint. repeat.
Reaction score
rookie said:
Did you repaint it ? I swear it was green last time I looked... ???
Lol. No, it's still mainly green. The picture colours are wonked-out, and my attempt at using a really thinned oil paint as filter/wash kind of dulled everything way down. I was in a little bit of a rush to take and post the update with the pictures last week. Next time I set up my lights, and photo diffusion box I'll take more time to play with the camera settings. Hopefully then I'll get the pictures truer to the actual colours on the model.

I haven't really touched this build all week. A little painting here and there. That's about it.

Jason

JMac

Reaction score
Quick update;

Had a few hours later last night and about three hours this morning to work on the 335 build. The weathering is almost done. Aluminum chips are still on the to-do list, and I've still got some touch up spots to attend to not to mention I've still to finish the canopies and a small portion of the cockpit areas. Getting close now. I'm hoping to finish the 335 over next week. Fingers crossed.

the Baron said:
Lookin' good, JMac! I'm looking forward to seeing this with a matte coat and some weathering.

Y'know, I've used Post-It notes in the past to mask the German splinter pattern.
Sorry, I forgot to respond to this comment earlier Baron. I use post-it notes for paint also; great for touch-ups. I also like to use them when I do my weathering with chalks.

Thanks for taking a look. Comments and questions are always welcome.

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks for the positive comments guys. Managed to do a little more of the detail painting (canopy edges mostly) and glued the canopies in the open position. Just have to deal with the raised panel lines, some chips in the paint also and I'm done.

JMac

Reaction score
Well I'm calling this one done. I could mess with it a bunch more, but I'm happy with the finish where it's at. It's kind of refreshing to build up an older kit.

Thanks to everyone who's been checking-in on my build and following along with my progress. I have really appreciated the comments, suggestions and encouragement. It's been a fun build.

As always; comments, questions and suggestions are welcome. :)

Now what should I tackle next? ;D

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

adampolo13

Reaction score
Oh man, the finish is amazing. The weathering along those flaps are wicked!!!

Nice Job.

Whats next you ask?

What you got in the stash????

andrei383

Reaction score
just outstanding mate! the finish is beautiful on this one of a kind aircraft! :eek:

S

ScaleModelMadman

Wow, that is wicked!

Congrats on a really great finish.

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks a tonne ;D Ferris928, John, Adampolo13, Andrei383, Ken, Rookie, and Zappa. I really do (greatly) appreciate the kind comments.

adampolo13 said:
Whats next you ask?

What you got in the stash????
Too much. ::) Mostly aircraft, about 100 kits. I should finish up some stuff that's been lingering around my bench for way too long. Like my B-17, and the ever stalled CC-130 I'm building for a friend, not to mention my 1:32 Albatros DII. Once I get some of that cleaned up then I'll cast into the stash. I've lots of WWII german stuff, but I've a 1:48 Tamiya P-51D and a 1:48 TSR-2, both with all the AM fixings. I started out as a sci-fi modelling guy, but I haven't built anything of that type in years. Or maybe a tanky-tracky thing (never built one of those before) - and the Secret Santa possibilities coming up are staggering. ;D

Jason

adampolo13

Reaction score
JMac said:
the Secret Santa possibilities coming up are staggering. ;D
Good Point!!! Wait and see what Santa brings. I like that idea.

JMac

Reaction score
Thanks Scott. :)

Solander

Reaction score
Thats a realy cool looking model You've done, JMac.
Thumbs up and congrats with the finishing! ;)

JohnSimmons

For Spud: I was once Merseajohn
Reaction score
What a joy to look at! Great finish, your best yet IMO

Latest posts