Revell 1:48 Do 335-V10 Night Fighter

Thats looking really nice Jason , The pre shade is just showing nicely and will look great with a panel wash :)

Chris.

Okay, that's sharp dude.

;D

EDIT:

...and yeah, what Baron says below. I like the tonal shifts in the green, it looks like random fading and such. I think it adds a lot of interest.

Hi, Jmac, I think those spots where you think you might have been too light on laying down the color, could work to your advantage, in that they might give you subtle variations in color, like a faded coat of paint might show. In any case, good progress on your Anteater!

Thanks a bunch guys - rookie, Ferris, merseajohn, Chris, myhobbyroom, Ken and Baron.

the Baron said:
Hi, Jmac, I think those spots where you think you might have been too light on laying down the color, could work to your advantage, in that they might give you subtle variations in color, like a faded coat of paint might show.

Ken Abrams said:
...and yeah, what Baron says below. I like the tonal shifts in the green, it looks like random fading and such. I think it adds a lot of interest.

The "patchy" appearance was what I was aiming for (test run/practice for an upcoming 1:48 ME 262 build). I'm pretty happy for the most part. I think it will darken & look cool once I gloss the model.

The weak spots that I was referring to earlier, have just a bit of the black primer under coat showing through between the RLM 82 & RLM 81 splinters. I debated trying to touch up those spots, but instead decided to leave them - and move on to the RLM 02 areas. I want to keep this progressing, I have not finished up a build since June or July I think.

Just finished up most of the RLM 02. I still have to take off the masking.

It's a long weekend up here in the Great White North, so I'm hoping to really keep this build steaming along.

Thanks again. :)
Jason

She's got legs. ;D

I've started into the detail painting also. Found some more mould parting / seam lines I missed the first time around. From a fit stand point - the gear bay doors are spots where the engineering is lacking in this kit. No good registration or location for parts.

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

Thanks Ferris and John. :)

It's been awhile since I've updated this thread; the painting is pretty much done. Over the span of last week I fixed up some of the camouflage painting that was driving me crazy (I just couldn't let it go). I also gloss coated the model and finished up the decals. I modified the placement slightly on a few of the decals to make it easier (the fuselage crosses and Id codes have been moved aft to avoid having a decal ending up on the rear air scoop). Not a lot of decals in this kit. Quick. That being said, I did manage to mess up a couple of the decals (mixed up locations, placed two of the wing codes on the fuselage which lead to two of the fuselage code ending up on underside of the wing).

Next up weathering, painting the RLM 70 parts, flat coat. Getting close now.

Thanks for looking.
Jason

Thanks guys. :)

I've started the washes n' weathering and just generally toning things down.

Jason

She's looking great Jason :) ,looking forward to seeing the washes .

Chris.

Thanks for the encouragement Chris & Ken. I'm working on it, I'm not sure how much the oil washes will show with the raised lines. I did flat coat last day - honestly it's not quite turning out the way I would have liked. The colours are muted noticeably (I was hoping to tone it down a little, but I think the oil wash dulled the surface and the flat just deadened the whole thing) - good learning experience.

More weathering to come.

Jason

Lookin' good, JMac! I'm looking forward to seeing this with a matte coat and some weathering.

Y'know, I've used Post-It notes in the past to mask the German splinter pattern.

Thanks Baron. :)

It's been a busy week at work, and trying to get the house, yard and garage ready for an Alberta winter - so not a lot of progress this week.

I did manage to begin fixing up the flame hiders. The first picture is of the kit parts, the next one is of my modified parts. They are still not 100% done but a good first step.

My weathering is kind of stalled, but I've added a few picture of the flat coat. I'll dirty and weather her up some more. The colours are quite a bit faded from the gloss, the pictures however are bleached out also...

Jason

Latest posts

Back