Revell 1:48 Do 335-V10 Night Fighter

I alsways use Tamiya tape, no sticky film left afterwards.
@Jmac: What tape did you use there, it looks green. Or is it the light and such?

Cheers!

Wow. Thanks for all of the comments guys. I really do appreciate you following along and your comments. :)
It's also very encouraging to hear that other modellers "enjoy" masking as much as I do. Total pane. ;D
Considering how much "fun" this was, I'm very glad I bought an aftermarket mask set for my 1:72 BV 141...

I've mentioned earlier that I'm really enjoying this build, and now that things are taking shape and I'm on to paint, more so. I know it's not the "best" 335 kit on the market, but it is a very fun build - if you're planning a little ahead and working along with some of the issues that come with an older kit.

Ferris928 said:
@Jmac: What tape did you use there, it looks green. Or is it the light and such?

It's a green painters tape called Frog tape. I like it because it's fairly low tack, and it seems to have less bleed on the edges than other tapes I've used.

Last night I painted the RLM 66 grey over the canopy frames. This morning I had a bout of insomnia so I cleaned up a bunch of smaller parts and then primed the 335 and the small parts with Vallejo 73.602 Black (my personal favourite primer). Here's the Arrow as she looks right now. Sorry about the picture, a flat black airplane is not easy to photo.

Next week I'll start into the painting, might go slow just because of my work schedule.

Cool. Thanks again for following along with this thread. :)
Comments are always welcome.

Jason

[attachment deleted by admin]

Heh heh, you could stop here, Jason, and call it a recognition model! :D

Thanks John. I haven't made any new progress, but I'm really happy with the way this has been developing.

the Baron said:
Heh heh, you could stop here, Jason, and call it a recognition model! :D

LOL. I could. I'm considering doing your suggestion on all future builds - that way I'll finish a lot more builds in a timely fashion. ;D Maybe it will be the start of a new trend in modelling.

Speaking of classic Monogram kits, I've got a F-105 D and a MiG 15 both in 1:48th. I'd love to start in of those two, but they both need new decal sets, and both have had some parts rattling around loose in a box for some time. They'll need lots of work. Maybe in the New Year.

I look forward to seeing those builds, too. I'm a big fan of Monogram, having grown up on them, and it's always fun to see one get built.

JMac said:
Speaking of classic Monogram kits, I've got a F-105 D and a MiG 15 both in 1:48th.
I remember the F-105 G from them but not the D or the MiG-15. Both must be pretty old. I wish they'd start those up again................. :'( ;)

Ferris & Baron, it'll be a while till I get to the MiG and the F105. I think they will be fun builds, I'm enjoying this classic Monogram kit after all.

Chris S said:
Nice smooth looking coat there Jason :)

Thanks Chris. I just snuck in some time to paint the blue RLM 65 undersurfaces while my wife was out walking our dogs with her friend. I've got a few spots to touch up tomorrow morning (looks like dust speaks and a little paint snot). Then I hope to post a picture, and move on to the RLM 81 and RLM 82 greens. It's been a crazy week, and I've a ton of stuff to do at home and work.

Jason

Green (RLM 82) pre-shade done.

Thanks Guys! ;D

This is why when everything goes well, I like painting; noticeable progress every time I get an hour or so at my bench.

RLM 82 DONE! :)

I'll give this a day or two then I'll start into masking the RLM 81 Olive Drab for the splinter scheme.

Thanks for checking in on my build thread. Comments welcome.

Jason

Thanks Ferris.

And now, more (but different) green. ;D

I tried something a little different this time around, worked out kind of so-so. After I pulled off the masking, I've found a few spots where I was a little skimpy on the RLM 81. I might go back and do some very selective masking and give those areas a light misting of paint...I have to finish up some additional painting on the control surfaces anyways, and I have one hard to reach overspray area to contend with also.

After the cleaning up the outstanding RLM 82/81 odds & ends - I'll start painting the RLM 02 wheel bays. Then detail painting, decals and weathering. I still have to decide if I'm going to use the kit flame hiders (they look :p) or build my own.

Thanks for stopping and taking a look.

Jason

Latest posts

Back