Quiz: Are you Master Modeler?

rcowboysfan

Sorry guys I plagiarized this but thought it was appropriate for this site: enjoy!

1. Score 100 points if you ever called in sick to finish a model.

2. Score 50 points if you ever needed assistance getting unsuperglued.

3. Deduct 75 points if you own a set of golf clubs.

4. Score 40 points if you ever helped yourself to that cool sand in an upright hotel ashtray.

5. Score 2 points for every bottle of paint on your workbench. Add 50 bonus points if you own your own paint rack.

6. Score 200 points if a hobby tool incident has required stitches.

7. Score 75 points if, on arriving in a strange town, the first thing you look for is hobby shops in the phone book. Score 300 bonus points if you ever-planned -a family vacation to include a model show.

8. Score 25 points if you have something from the kitchen on your workbench. Score 100 bonus points if your wife doesn't know it's missing.

9. Score 50 points if you shop for hobby supplies,unaccompanied, in a fabric or cosmetics store.

10. Score 50 points for each pack of Grandt Line bolts you ever bought.

11. Score 25 points for every kit you have purchased in the last year. Score 250 bonus points for every project you have completed.

12. Score 50 points if you're left-handed.

13. Deduct 300 points if you ever sold some of your unbuilt kits.

14 Score 30 points for every non-modeler who has seen your models and said, "Oh, I used to do that when I was a kid

15. Deduct I 00 points for every unfinished project you've set aside.

16. Score 500 points if you ever purchased a Mascot figure. Score 800 bonus points if you painted it. Deduct 1000 points if you did anything weird after that.

17. Score 150 points if you ever ordered a kit through the mail, and had it sent to your office so your wife wouldn't find out. Score 500 sympathy points if your hobby has cost you a relationship.

18. Score 600 points if the local library refers inquiries to you.

19. Deduct 5000 points if you ever used a penlight while judging.

20. Score 50 points for every part you dropped - and found!

21. Score 75 points if you own Optivisors.

22. Score 425 points if someone else smashed their models when you showed up at a contest.

23. Score 350 points if, lacking reference, you ever "invented" a detail on a model, and passed it off as I 00% accurate.

24. Score 75 points if you use different "mood music" for different modeling projects.

25. Score 250 points if you ever found someone else's drool on one of your models.

26. Deduct ALL YOUR POINTS if you actually scored yourself. You should be in there building models, not using your valuable time taking frivolous quizzes.

That was fun, especially at the end.
Now, as Thomas Models once said on their website,
"Get off the computer, and go build a model."

Man that scary
Reading the quiz and going......yup...yup....oh yeah....yup ...yup...too many to calculate but yup... ;D

DXM said:
Man that scary
Reading the quiz and going......yup...yup....oh yeah....yup ...yup...too many to calculate but yup... ;D
Definitely. Definitely

How many points do I get for this?

MasterModelerClubcards74-75.jpg

I don't have the super-cool iron-on decal, though, I've long since outgrown the Greg-Brady-style T-shirt that my mom ironed it onto.

I do still have the file that came in the set of tools from the club, and a red plastic putty spatula. But I can't find any of the newsletters, argh!

Number 3 - I don't have, number six - definately, and I still have the scar to prove it. The rest of the list I wouldn't know where I'd score - I'm too busy most of the time to notice, but I don't have optivisors, or a laser pointer. I'm old school when it comes to models, but I do use more modern tools, if you want to call a cutting matt a tool! :) I used to be part of the "young modelers club" back in the day, when one of the companies offered this. It wasn't too much longer afterwards when they stopped the program. You got a model in a cardboard box with brown lettering all over it. The kit came in a baggie instead of the usual box you see on the self. This was the same time when I was going to St. Francis for art school. I got a model in the mail one morning, so I blew off school the same day just to build it! Those were the days.

Latest posts

Back