Product idea - car "eyes" decals?

Ziz

Hey guys,

While my main product lines are aimed at Trek kitbashers, I'm always trying to think of ways to branch out beyond that and came up with one that might be fun.

Car "eyes" decals - these would be eye and eyebrow line decals that you would apply to your car models on a white and body painted windshield to give them that Pixar Cars look. I've worked out about a half dozen eyebrow expressions and eye colors that could be mixed and matched however you want. Each brow would also have an accompanying paint mask to separate the white area from where you need to paint the body color. The brow decal covers the paint masking line.

6901416321_63f9a7ed87.jpg

Initial design is scaled for 1/24-1/25 because that's the most common car kit scale, other sizes would follow if the concept caught on.

Interested?

That would be pretty cool for a bit of fun ....I really fancy building a 'Mater' sometime ;D ;D But you might need to be careful in case you are infringing any Disney copyrights ;)

Chris.

I know - that's a concern. It depends where they would draw the line on it being "their" idea. In "making of" clips about the film, they admitted that they got the idea from other cartoons featuring cars as characters. The issue would be to what extent they would nitpick the style of it. Also, the decals will work with any car model - they're not designed to replicate any specific character from the film.

So long as you stay away from mentioning "Cars" in your product, you should be safe

That's what I was thinking - just call them "Automotive Eyes - to give your car models that 'animated' look."

Latest posts

Back