precision glue applicator

J

Just Mike

you know those long, thin glass tubes that you're supposed to be able to fill with liquid cement and touch the applicator to a surface and the cement would run down the syringe?

I have one but it doesn't work. Maybe I'm missing something but I do it as the instructions say - putting the hind end into the bottle of cement but it doesn't take any up nor will it deliver any. I mean, it's hard to tell if there's anything in there. I don't think so. Even if there were, it should flow out the needle, yes?

Nope. Just tried it. It's not taking any cement up.

Gotta be clogged somehow.

Word of warning with the Touch N Flows....only use it for plastic cement. No CA or similar as it will clog it up faster than you can say Supercalifragilisticexpialadotious!

if paint thinner don't hurt it that mite work... but thats a big maybe... i use paint thinner to clean glue off brushes i use to apply glue to canopy application surfaces... maybe, just maybe paint thinner may bust it loose, but Elm Citty Hobbies may have a better solution XD

Dumb question, but did ya try to blow it out with air? I never tried them, I just use a old dental pick or paintbrush.

soaked it for a few in cement and blew hard through it. It seems to flow through as some did come out the needle but didn't have the opportunity to test it.

My glue of choice is the black plastic testors applicator. The needle on that gets clogged on the occasion..... I use a lighter and simply touch the flame to the steel tip and a small gout of flame shoots out..... clog is cleared..... you want to stop once the flame shoots out. ;)

These do come with small decloggers but I always seem to lose mine.

YMMV

To declog it....just a thin piece of wire should do the trick.

I have the same problem with the Gator Glue applicators (basically just a hypodermic needle with a blunt end), it gets slightly clogged and it is hard to intake or push out the glue, but does work very well when it is unclogged.

Just Mike said:
k...

how do I declog it?

;D ;D ;D That reaction is Priceless !!! I laugh because I thought th Touch-N- Flow was for C.A. as well, I mean I use Tamiya Thin & would never need to use th Touch-N-Flow for that. I wonder Why they made it for Liquid cement ? If you haven't got it cleared yet .. Try Acetone - Finger Nail Polish remover. Breaks th Bond of C.A. every time ! Don't fall for those De-bonders. It's overpriced Nail Polish remover. Just hit th Wife/Girlfriend up for some

*Does any one know how to get Mt. Dew Code Red out of an Apple Keyboard ? ( after reading that response I spit it all over th Key board, laughing , not at you Mike, but to think someone else thought it would work with C.A.*

I tip my keyboard upside down, it's a logitech though so I don't know if the same applies to those apple keyboards ... maybe the keys are closer together :D

GalaxyChief said:
My glue of choice is the black plastic testors applicator. The needle on that gets clogged on the occasion..... I use a lighter and simply touch the flame to the steel tip and a small gout of flame shoots out..... clog is cleared..... you want to stop once the flame shoots out. ;)

These do come with small decloggers but I always seem to lose mine.

YMMV

clearing clogged glue

Blah....only a problem if you set yourself, someone else, the cat, or the house on fire.....nothing to really worry about! Love the smell of burnt styrene in the morning! :p :p :p

Latest posts

Back