Plymouth Belvedere / Adam-12 Police Car

I can probably start on Monday evening. I have weekend duty this weekens so I'll be working 15 hrs today and 15 hrs Sunday. But if y'all want to start now that will be fine. ;)
I will start tomorrow afternoon.

I can probably start on Monday evening. I have weekend duty this weekens so I'll be working 15 hrs today and 15 hrs Sunday. But if y'all want to start now that will be fine. ;)
Sounds good to me. Monday it is then. Really looking forward to this, should be great fun. Pantherman

First decision, big block V8 426 or slant 6.
For this being a police pursuit vehicle I’m going with the 426.

First decision, big block V8 426 or slant 6.
For this being a police pursuit vehicle I’m going with the 426.
Happy to go with any suggestions as way out of my depth on this build. Will need all the help I can get from the 2 of you. Pantherman

Happy to go with any suggestions as way out of my depth on this build. Will need all the help I can get from the 2 of you. Pantherman
Me too. When I was a young boy I built model cars. I bought a kit a few years after college. I looked like a blind monkey built it. :D :p
The truck, I just finished was the first real kit since 1988.
So, automotive kits are kind of foreign. But I'm in good company building this iconic police car.
I think it would be cool if I could find a dog and make it like dad's dog, Blitz, when he was a HPD K-9 unit.
Adam-12 K-9 ;)
But, I'll just stick to the build.

What type of gloss coat is best to clear coat?
I have Tamiya but I don't know how to thin very well. I was thinking of going to a hardware store and getting a can of gloss.
Any advice?

Me too. When I was a young boy I built model cars. I bought a kit a few years after college. I looked like a blind monkey built it. :D :p
So, automotive kits are kind of foreign. But I'm in good company building this iconic police car.
I think it would be cool if I could find a dog and make it like dad's dog, Blitz, when he was a HPD K-9 unit.
Adam-12 K-9 ;)

I have Tamiya but I don't know how to thin very well. I was thinking of going to a hardware store and getting a can of gloss.
Any advice?
What breed and colour was Blitz? Pantherman

Adam-12 K-9 ;)

Any advice?
I’m painting the engine and transmission (maybe wheels as well) with Testors gloss enamels. The undercarriage and body I will use Vallejo matte and then use a rattle can gloss clear coat.

What breed and colour was Blitz? Pantherman
He was kind of a cream.

There are many stories about him looking after me as a toddler.

He was a good family dog. But when he got into the police car his demeanor changed into a police dog.

He was kind of a cream.

There are many stories about him looking after me as a toddler.

He was a good family dog. But when he got into the police car his demeanor changed into a police dog.
And the breed? Can't imagine a poodle making a good police dog. Pantherman

Nice, I have opened the box and had a look at the instructions. May have alot of questions for you later. Keep the photos coming please, it's a great help. Pantherman
The problem with opening your toys eary is that you want to play with them straight away, so...........
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20230827_204845.jpg
    20230827_204845.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 10
  • 20230827_204933.jpg
    20230827_204933.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 10
Nice, I have opened the box and had a look at the instructions. May have alot of questions for you later. Keep the photos coming please, it's a great help. Pantherman
The problem with opening your toys eary is that you want to play with them straight away, so...........
Pantherman
Yep. I can never leave them alone when I open them.
Good job on the engine.

Back