Pink is so yesterday. Red is today !!

My mother-in-law was a nurse for many years and I inherited her craft desk. I found a spool of black silk suture line that I use instead of thread.
That thread is nice. So, after a week will you be snipping out the sutuers? lol :D

I like that thread. It's has a great diameter for our hobby. In fact I might see if I can find some on good 'ol amazon.

I'm trying different things to achieve a canvas look and I might have figured it out.
After I painted the wing black and dried I used my stencil. I mixed up a little blue wash and pale gray wash, from Vallejo Game Wash. I turned the compressor to 5psi lightly sprayed the blue gray wash sporadically over the wings. Next I repeated the motion with only the black wash. After that dried, I kept it at 5psi and lightly sprayed with a black wash without stencil. I think for the final coat I'll probably shoot a satin finish over it.

20231015_184327.jpg

20231015_181634.jpg

20231015_184038.jpg

20231015_184048.jpg

I'm trying different things to achieve a canvas look and I might have figured it out.
After I painted the wing black and dried I used my stencil. I mixed up a little blue wash and pale gray wash, from Vallejo Game Wash. I turned the compressor to 5psi lightly sprayed the blue gray wash sporadically over the wings. Next I repeated the motion with only the black wash. After that dried, I kept it at 5psi and lightly sprayed with a black wash without stencil. I think for the final coat I'll probably shoot a satin finish over it.

View attachment 107523

View attachment 107524

View attachment 107525

View attachment 107526
I like it

I like it
Thank you.
Now that it has completely dried, I think I like the outcome. I'll finish it off with a satin just to see what it looks like before I move on there other parts.

I don't want the plane glossy I want it to have the look of a little use that's the reason fir a satin of a flat varnish.

I'm really liking the wwi build. In fact I like it enough to do another one.

I'll build this one later. It's a 1/32 which my be better for the eyes to see the parts lol

Screenshot_20231016_064044_Amazon Shopping.jpg

Latest posts

Back