Pile of (Super) scrap: Avia B. 35, KP 1/72

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
Ok, another restorated aircraft. One word to describe the Kit? Bad...no...worst... more bad than worst! There is a german word for it, which I wont translate here !

- seam lines were like steps
- the left elevator were offset more than 2mm
- panel lines were offset, too
- no antenna pole
- no interior
- the canopy is cloudy
- NO part really fits
- even if you touch the plastic, you can feel, something isnt right!

And dont let me think about the decals. I used all 3 sheets to get markings for one aircraft... they were very thin and roled off after deploying on the model. If you want to correct them, they riped in 1000 pieces. And they adhere like concrete... :mad: Numbers were taken from spare sheets....

[attachment deleted by admin]

I'm really enjoying your "lovingly re-conditioned" build of late. Post up some pictures of Avia if you can, good to see how bad it really is.

JMac

Well, I started it. I cut off the elevater with his root, set it on the right position and closed all holes and sinks with putty, I corrected the sweep of the wings with an hot fan. I removed the "seat" and sanded down all ... steps ;D

After engraving the lost panel lines (with SOME corrections) I decidet to give her a white basic coating...

On the first picture you can see seam steps and the hole, were I cut off the elevator. btw, its the right side, I just imagine :)

She got a three color pre-war camoflage, common at the Czech Airforce. I added a antenna pole and the canopy. Im on the airscrew, now. Sanding and painting....

Thats a nice looking little aircraft Chief ,and you're doing a stirling job on it ...first class :D. The difference between the first pic and the last is just ..... :eek:

Keep it up .

Chris.

Ok, shes finally done :) She was a beast to build, but at least she had no chance to be victorious :)

Here you can see her beside her Czech Sisters, the Avia CS-199 and Avia BH-3

nice job bud...

you said you had a bad word to describe this kit... and exactly what would this world be, i know a little German "Deutsch...", perhaps i can translate for myself ;)

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut... but i still know a little... :D

Nice addition C.P.O. The Avia finished up very nice, came a long way from where you started.

Next up in the scrap pile?

13aceofspades13 said:
nice job bud...

you said you had a bad word to describe this kit... and exactly what would this world be, i know a little German "Deutsch...", perhaps i can translate for myself ;)

Mein Deutsch ist nicht gut... but i still know a little... :D

No, I want, but its close to something, your Dog loose if you take him for a walk...^^

JMac said:
Nice addition C.P.O. The Avia finished up very nice, came a long way from where you started.

Thanks, JMac. Well, next is the Ju 188, but vacation is gone and my speed going to be a little slower, now ;-)
First I had to find a solution for the windows. Maybe a cheese-bag?? We will see. More on this thread. While the 188 is growing, I drop an eye on the Me 262 night-fighter, but that will take its time.

You done a mighty fine job with that little aircraft Chief ,she turned out great . Thats a nice collection too ...well done buddy .

Chris.

ShutterAce said:
Nice looking aircraft. Looks French style wise to me for some reason. ???

Youre right. She looks close to the Dewoitine 520. Her successor with retractable gear was a very modern design with a hispano suiza engine. But they never saw action. The Germans had own plans with the very modern Avia-facility.

Chiefpettyofficer said:
JMac said:

Thanks, JMac. Well, next is the Ju 188, but vacation is gone and my speed going to be a little slower, now ;-)
First I had to find a solution for the windows. Maybe a cheese-bag?? We will see. More on this thread. While the 188 is growing, I drop an eye on the Me 262 night-fighter, but that will take its time.

I hear you C.P.O. - My holiday is over also. I'm back at work (I start teaching my first class tomorrow). I had big modelling plans this summer, but our house needs some TLC and work and getting my son ready for his exchange trip to Germany kind of overode that.

I'll take a closer look at your Matchbox Ju 188 build and I'll be really looking forward to the night fighting Me 262.

Cool.

JMac said:
I hear you C.P.O. - My holiday is over also. I'm back at work (I start teaching my first class tomorrow). I had big modelling plans this summer, but our house needs some TLC and work and getting my son ready for his exchange trip to Germany kind of overode that.

I'll take a closer look at your Matchbox Ju 188 build and I'll be really looking forward to the night fighting Me 262.
Cool.

Were your son goes to?
I know, what you mean with the house. I have to color mine at September and there were some other works to do, too. Its like a 1/1 model, which you never able to finish, eh...:)

Latest posts

Back