Pile of scrap: Junkers Ju 188, Matchbox 1/72

13aceofspades13 said:
isn't that powered buy two BMW-801 Radial engines?

Yeah, she is but most of them powered by the JuMo 213 engine. Only E and F Versions got the 801 because they were needed for the FW 190 fighters

Chiefpettyofficer said:
13aceofspades13 said:
isn't that powered buy two BMW-801 Radial engines?

Yeah, she is but most of them powered by the JuMo 213 engine. Only E and F Versions got the 801 because they were needed for the FW 190 fighters

aah... the Junkers Jumo 213. i like this one a lot beacuse i would rather have the air cooled engine over the liquid cooled Jumo 213, in my opinion it would be a little more reliable being air cooled and not liquid cooled.

Im not sure, the 801 was very powerful and particularly much more inured against bullets than the Jumo 213 and DB 605...

yep, with the DB-605 and Jumo 213 a bullet to the radiator could spell disaster, the BMW 801 has no radiator to damage.

I agree with Norm, you are to be commended for tackling such a project.

And what a great finish on it to boot! Beautiful paintwork.

Thanks ;D
The hardest thing was to open up the missing windows, but with a good drill, knife and an empty cheese bag (its important to eat all cheese before ;) ) everything is possible :)

Man, I can't keep up with all the activity here on the site.

Sorry I'm late CPO. Looks great!

Is that a bona fide scheme or fictitious?

ShutterAce said:
Man, I can't keep up with all the activity here on the site.

Sorry I'm late CPO. Looks great!

Is that a bona fide scheme or fictitious?

You are not allone ;-) I cant read all topics anymore, too. To much, to fast :) Ok, I have to build some of my own models, too.

The scheme were recommendet by the Matchbox instruction. I have seen some models with equal schemes, but no original photo.

Latest posts

Back