Pile of scrap: Junkers Ju 188, Matchbox 1/72

Chiefpettyofficer

...we all are victims of Shermans march to the sea
While the Avia B.35 racks my brain, I started another aircraft. Its the Matchbox Junkers Ju 188. There are only a few models of that aircraft on the market. It was long quiet about that type. This kit were manufactured in 1972. It has all characteristics of that beriod: lack of details, raised panel lines, no interior, and very thick plastic.

First I had to research for some informations about the 188. Found some good pictures and the madness begun...

[attachment deleted by admin]

I took the parts from my box and assort them. While the pre-assembly I realised, that some important windows on the lower back-side were missed. So, I drilled holes and cut them out. Drilling was important in cause of that thick plastic...
Notice the difference between the drawing and the model

I also cut out all forward windows and you can see the result on the first images. I glued the fuselage parts together, sanded down the raised and engraved the new panel lines. Meanwhile I started with the cockpit interior.

Aaahh ...rose tinted glasses ;D Man you are a glutten for punishment !!....Good to see some of the old kits tho' ,and a great start Chief .Should make up into an impressive beasty .

Chris.

How many of those old kits do you have in the scrap box C.P.O. ? Good stuff.

JMac

JMac said:
How many of those old kits do you have in the scrap box C.P.O. ? Good stuff.

JMac

There are.... *cleans throat*

1 Me 262 B-1 Night Fighter 1/72
1 Fw 190 D-9, JV 44 1/32
1 Hummel SPG, 1/35
1 Battleship "Scharnhorst" 1/520
1 Cruiser "Prinz Eugen" 1/520
Severtal AFVs 1/72
1969Dodge Charger 1/24
some Tie- Fighters and X-Wings
1Millenium Falcon (AMT)
2 Cylon Raider(TOS)
1 OrionC-3
and some small ones more

Some of them are packed in extra boxes :) This box were full, when I register at SMA

Chris S said:
Aaahh ...rose tinted glasses ;D Man you are a glutten for punishment !!....Good to see some of the old kits tho' ,and a great start Chief .Should make up into an impressive beasty .

Chris.

that's exactly what I was thinking. :D

Great job CPO!

Back to the 188 I finally added the wings, and start the Paintjob. Shes got an Zebra-Camo and Aufkl. Grp 122 Markings

13aceofspades13 said:
looks like the paint is going really well.

Yes, Im very pleased. It was the first time, I airbrushed with such low power. Next time I will try a meander camo...

I build that when I was a Kiddo !!! Lot of good memories there....

you have quite the Courrage to dismantle and Redo the whole thing.... pretty neat !!!

I don't have anything from my past ! what so ever !

Very slick of you to go thru all that process to get that kit to shine !!!

My hat to you for undertaking such a project !

Look good ! keep up the good work !

I also finished the 188 tonight. Here are the last images. After 12 Years she also found her way into the display... ;D

Latest posts

Back