PATCHED UP PANTHER WIP"UPDATE 4""ALL DONE"

Re: PATCHED UP PANTHER WIP"UPDATE 1"

Well I been off the Panther chaseing other rabbits, but I'm back on it know. I have been working on wheels, my least favorite part, and have completed one side. Following the "Patched Up" theme the wheels and sprokets are mismatched as far as colors go. So here are some pictures of my resent activity. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry

DSC05697.jpg

DSC05699.jpg

DSC05702.jpg

DSC05703.jpg

DSC05708.jpg

;D

this is a good idea, beacuse more towards the end of the war they where rushing things in production, or just slapping together what they could. i mean for example airplanes too, more advanced up to date fighters like the BF-10G-14 G-10 and K-4 where in shorter supply, so they would take already available G-6 Messerschmitts and put the special up to date canopies and taller horizontal stabilizers on them. good idea.

Yep that's what I was thinking about. I don't know if any of this ever happened, but I have seen some other models made up this way and thought I would give it a go.

;D

Hey MrT the big cat is lookin great im hooked and il keep watching

Panzerman75

T,

Those road wheels are lookin Great ! I love th wash & tonality of it all !!

panzerman75 said:
Hey MrT the big cat is lookin great im hooked and il keep watching

Panzerman75

Thanks!! I'll try not to be to long between updates.

panzerace007 said:
T,

Those road wheels are lookin Great ! I love th wash & tonality of it all !!

Thanks man!!

I never saw it done before.... and I am happy to see you have done it.... mixing the Rubber and Steel wheels...

Very cool ! just like the Russians were doing on the T-34.... very cool in deed !

Norm.

schweinhund227 said:
I never saw it done before.... and I am happy to see you have done it.... mixing the Rubber and Steel wheels...

Very cool ! just like the Russians were doing on the T-34.... very cool in deed !

Norm.

Thanks Norm!! I saw a King Tiger done up this way resently and it looked cool.

NORM,

Now here's a Double Whammy !! The Russians , on occasion have used Panther wheels on Their T-34's ! I do not know how they did it, or what unit this is , or how often it was practiced ...... Sorry ;D

2-2.jpg

4-2.jpg

5-2.jpg

1-2.gif

There's also a fairly involved history of the Panthers with the Steel Wheel in th last station & the All Steel Wheeled Panther. Only One Factory manufactured these ..... I digress , as I do not want to Hi-Jack Mr. T's thread ...... He's been overheard before to say - " I pity th Fool who Hi-Jacks My threads " ;D Sorry T , I couldn't resist ...... ;D

Also check this thread out that I started

- http://www.scalemodeladdict.com/forum/index.php/topic,2793.0.html - 5th picture down is an ALL Steel Panther ... I've said too much ....

Back to you Mr. T ..... ;D

For someone that does not like painting running gear you do a mighty fine job.

Excellent weathering and love the concept. Thanks for sharing.

Haggistom said:
For someone that does not like painting running gear you do a mighty fine job.

Excellent weathering and love the concept. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks!! Thankfully they are almost done.

::)

Re: PATCHED UP PANTHER WIP"UPDATE 2"

Update time!!! Wheels are done! Tracks are built! Rear bulkhead done(well almost)! Here are some progress pictures. Thanks for looking and comments are welcome.

Terry

DSC05723.jpg

DSC05724.jpg

DSC05729.jpg

DSC05731.jpg

;D

Tracks are looking good, and that rear bulkhead looks excellent

T ,

Yeah Baby !! Those Mufflers are Da' Bomb !!!! Great FX !! Awesome Idea !! I Dig those Fruilies !!! This Panther is Smokin !!

Looking real nice the weathering is quality

Geegad

that rear end is Nice.

Quaralane said:
Tracks are looking good, and that rear bulkhead looks excellent

Thanks Q!! I still want to add some rust details.

Terry

Latest posts

Back