Yes, it's a panther

Pantherman

I have finally finished the Panther A i started many months ago. Had alot of trouble painting the crew, still not happy with them but learning how to improve every time I build one.
Please forgive the lines on the background, I'm waiting for a higher quality print to arrive.
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20221016_122655.jpg
    20221016_122655.jpg
    373 KB · Views: 20
  • 20221016_122759.jpg
    20221016_122759.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 19
  • 20221016_122702.jpg
    20221016_122702.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 18
  • 20221016_122733.jpg
    20221016_122733.jpg
    332.9 KB · Views: 14
  • 20221016_122742.jpg
    20221016_122742.jpg
    169.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 20221016_122820.jpg
    20221016_122820.jpg
    542 KB · Views: 18
Looks great !
The only criticism I have is the track needs to be running atop the roadwheels .
It should contact the top of the second roadwheel from the drive sprocket and run along them back to the idler .
I don't know if that's something you can adjust -- those rubber band tracks kinda suck IMO .

Looks great !
The only criticism I have is the track needs to be running atop the roadwheels .
It should contact the top of the second roadwheel from the drive sprocket and run along them back to the idler .
I don't know if that's something you can adjust -- those rubber band tracks kinda suck IMO .
Hadn't noticed that, they were stuck down but seems to have sprung back. On the pink panther I drilled the hull and fitted 2 rod's across the tracks to hold them down, painted the rod end's black so they blended in.
Pantherman

1Vr8XmZ.png

From the actual Panther training manual .

I have finally finished the Panther A i started many months ago. Had alot of trouble painting the crew, still not happy with them but learning how to improve every time I build one.
Please forgive the lines on the background, I'm waiting for a higher quality print to arrive.
Pantherman
Well a Panther in its real colour overcoat, super finish mate and your increased experience shows with each build that you complete.

Now I am not going to do my usual comic routine as caring for my wife and supporting her through her personal health journey is leaving me shattered and subject to rapid swings of the vagaries of my depression.

I am going to make a small amount of constructive criticism. Your figures help to add a sense of scale and life to the Tank, however I hope that you will take my comments into your consideration of being helpful.

Very early in the history of the Panzerwaffe it was recognised that tanks are by nature dirty beasts. All of the oils used, grease and fuel, before going near mud and and dust, that uniforms were difficult to keep presentable and soldier like.
So and giving considerable pride to the wearers the Black trousers and jacket became their identifying uniform, worn with a grey shirt and black tie.

This is the same matter of pride that is felt by our RTR soldiers in their Black Coveralls and Beret. The remainder of we who were members of Cavalry Regiments wore Green Coveralls and standard colour Berets as to regimental traditions and history.

Now in the Wehrmacht the uniform for vehicle mounted Panzerjäger and SPG's
was issued in Panzer Grey, this uniform was to become that worn by the Panzer Grenadiers.

These uniforms were then produced in Camouflage later in the war and could be seen worn in various combinations of the colours as men were issued or acquired stores, as the supply problems increased.

The SS wore similar uniforms, but with differences in design of things like cut and pockets. They also had greater patterns of Camouflage, with some officers having privately tailored uniforms, even in Italian pattern Camouflage.

Condensed history lesson over with the result that to make your project Sooper Dooper, requires taking Black paint and Brushes to your crewmen.

I hope you take this in the intended and you can still use a pinkish shade even now as their waffenfarbe is dusky pink, identifying Tankies [outline to eppaulettes and on cap. Do a Web search and explanations and pictures abound]

Closing now, so all I have to say is...... "Out"

Aye'
John

Well a Panther in its real colour overcoat, super finish mate and your increased experience shows with each build that you complete.

Now I am not going to do my usual comic routine as caring for my wife and supporting her through her personal health journey is leaving me shattered and subject to rapid swings of the vagaries of my depression.

I am going to make a small amount of constructive criticism. Your figures help to add a sense of scale and life to the Tank, however I hope that you will take my comments into your consideration of being helpful.

Very early in the history of the Panzerwaffe it was recognised that tanks are by nature dirty beasts. All of the oils used, grease and fuel, before going near mud and and dust, that uniforms were difficult to keep presentable and soldier like.
So and giving considerable pride to the wearers the Black trousers and jacket became their identifying uniform, worn with a grey shirt and black tie.

This is the same matter of pride that is felt by our RTR soldiers in their Black Coveralls and Beret. The remainder of we who were members of Cavalry Regiments wore Green Coveralls and standard colour Berets as to regimental traditions and history.

Now in the Wehrmacht the uniform for vehicle mounted Panzerjäger and SPG's
was issued in Panzer Grey, this uniform was to become that worn by the Panzer Grenadiers.

These uniforms were then produced in Camouflage later in the war and could be seen worn in various combinations of the colours as men were issued or acquired stores, as the supply problems increased.

The SS wore similar uniforms, but with differences in design of things like cut and pockets. They also had greater patterns of Camouflage, with some officers having privately tailored uniforms, even in Italian pattern Camouflage.

Condensed history lesson over with the result that to make your project Sooper Dooper, requires taking Black paint and Brushes to your crewmen.

I hope you take this in the intended and you can still use a pinkish shade even now as their waffenfarbe is dusky pink, identifying Tankies [outline to eppaulettes and on cap. Do a Web search and explanations and pictures abound]

Closing now, so all I have to say is...... "Out"

Aye'
John
Hello my friend, trust you and yours are bearing up despite the chaos of treatment. I always welcome your in depth conversation on my builds, helping me get it right. I might even surprise you one day far in the future when you're Eagle eyes can not detect a flaw.

I am sort of playing with figures to try different ideas stolen from YouTube until I find "my way" of doing them.

I have a few crew set's on Santa's list and hope to do them justice, and gain your approval.

Take care
Pantherman

I like it. It looks like a panther, smells like a panther, must be a panther. As I said in a previous post, I am not into minute accuracy details but yes, pity about the track sag and for sure those uniforms should have been black. At my age and lacking dexterity in my fingers, I like rubber band tracks. Try a few spots of super glue. It works for me.

I like it. It looks like a panther, smells like a panther, must be a panther. As I said in a previous post, I am not into minute accuracy details but yes, pity about the track sag and for sure those uniforms should have been black. At my age and lacking dexterity in my fingers, I like rubber band tracks. Try a few spots of super glue. It works for me.
I did originally use glue to create track sag but had not realised it had sprung back. I rectified this by drilling the hull and fitting a fine rod through to hold the track in place.
Also added a little wall as just starting to build these from road chippings and glue.
Pantherman

Attachments

• 20221028_214244.jpg
    20221028_214244.jpg
    287.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 20221028_214307.jpg
    20221028_214307.jpg
    273.7 KB · Views: 9
  • 20221028_214316.jpg
    20221028_214316.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 9
That looks like an older Tamiya panther