heres what im building at the moment its will be placed in a dio when done

ive got some ive aready done might put them on here later

geegad

[attachment deleted by admin]

did some today tell me what you think and any advice as well welcome

geegad

Hey GEE,

WoW !! Cool Stuff ! The Chipping on th Floor is Full on Bangin' !! ;D The one missing shell out of th Rack is a Cool touch too !! Looks AWESOME !!

On th figure - I might add a touch more high lights to th rops of th folds in th uniform,& th Helmet, other than that is looks Spot-on !!

Great Job !!

cheers for the kind words panzerace007

and i was thinking about more high lights what colour would you use and either oil or paint??

thanks again for the help
john

GEE,

Highlights for th Uniform - Try this .. Do you have any Vallejo Field Grey ? Mix some German Camo Beige with th Field Grey , & those High lights will PoP ! IF you have Oil - Look for a Tube called Unbleached Titanium - Mix that with th Base for your Uniform color & dry brush it on th Tip tops of th Folds, the X-treme wear areas of th Helmet - around th rim & on top , also for th Helmet gently line th rim with some Faded Aluminum, or a Dull Silver !!

Also try th Unbleached Titanium on th Interior of th 251 - dry brushing for Highlights. Put a Dab on a piece of Corrugated Cardboard & let it sit for at least 20 minutes - to leach out th lint seed Oil ( it will Kill th Sheen), then Dry Brush th Interior for Highlights

Just My $.02 Give it a Whirl & see if you Dig it !!

Wow... ERIK ! thanks for the TIP !

Will look for those colours and see if I have them in my Heep of paints and see if I can use that Tip !

take care all !

Norm.

Thanks for the tips lads I will be off to my local art shop to find these colours once again thanks

Geegad

GEE,

Of course when I mention the Vallejo I meant to say that you should Dry Brush the Highlight mix. Since you are going to th Art store ... Look for some Liquitex Slow Blending Gel ( this stuff is a God Send for Vallejo - It's some what like a retarder) mix a couple of drops into th Mix of the Field Grey & Camo Beige mix. The Slow blending Gel will make the Vallejo creamier ... If that's possible. You'll see what I mean when you mix it. Also When you go & seek out th Vallejo , They may also sell empty Vallejo bottles. Buy a bunch of them. These make great bottles. as you can Equally drop out what you need to correspond to th Vallejo.

Although I forgot to ask ... Did you paint th Figure in Oil or Acrylic ?

Hello bud thanks for the advice haven't been down the shop yet got called into work but I will look for that gell sounds quality

And answers to you're other question they are painted in acrylics
It's an old figure that I've dragged out of my old painted figures

The others figures in my dio will be painted from fresh so they should look better

Once again thanks for help please keep it coming
John

GEE,

Here is an Example of what I mean with th Mix ...

The recipe :
6 drops of Vallejo Field Grey

3 drops of Vallejo German Camo Beige - Mix these two colors together & compare to straight Field Grey. If it need to be a touch lighter .. Go for it. I normally mix these by Eye so, it's hard to tell th exact mix. Once you have the High Light that you are happy with then add the Slow Blending Gel & Distilled Water

3 drops of the Slow Blending Gel - Again if you can pick up empty Vallejo bottles at th store , fill one with th Blending Gel & don't forget to label it ! ;D

3 drops of Distilled Water - do th same as above , by filling a empty Vallejo bottle with Distilled Water, that way all of the mixes are equal !

" Go Forth and Prosper" ;D

still plugging away nearly done this part of the dio

please as usual ant tips or comments all helps

Sharp, Indeed !!

Great job weathering th exterior !! I really Dig that wear alone th top edge of th 251 !!

Forgive Me if you mentioned it - What color did you use for your base coat ?

Awesome Job , Inside & Out !!

Latest posts

Back