NYLON GAG MK 1 - FINISHED

Re: NYLON GAG MK 1?

Eve'nin all,
Been on the greeeblies all day, these are the 'hydrogen collectors' that are located inside the sidepod area thingamies.

Picture%252520275.jpg

Picture%252520282.jpg

Picture%252520284.jpg

Picture%252520292.jpg

Picture%252520289.jpg

Picture%252520295.jpg

Picture%252520305.jpg

Picture%252520308.jpg

Picture%252520317.jpg

Thanks for looking, comments welcome,

The McGaggles Meister

That is some awesome greebling right there! Great work!

GAG ,

WoW !! Great scratch work ! I Dig it Bro ! Lookin' really cool ! Great craftsmanship !

Many thanks for the kind words guys, haven't posted since Monday, life 'n' stuff.

Started by painting the 'hydrogen intakes' they already had a coat of primer so next i darkened the corners and some detail with flat black, the results were i little rough so no pictures, but with some air brush adjustment, a new needle and paint tip, i then applied gun metal, darkened with flat black, with two more gun metal layers working from the center out getting progressively lighter until i was shooting gun metal with clome silver added. The pictures show the differance more than in real life, because of the flash.

Picture%252520321.jpg

Picture%252520323.jpg

Picture%252520330.jpg

I then started work on the front winglets. the underside will be hollowed out and some details and venting work installed later, i also installed some tubing for the lights i ordered that arrived on friday, thanks starshipmodeller and modelmantom.

Cardboard first.

Picture%252520336.jpg

Picture%252520340.jpg

Picture%252520348.jpg

Then styrene (1.00mm > 1.5mm)

Picture%252520351.jpg

Picture%252520355.jpg

Picture%252520367.jpg

Picture%252520372.jpg

Picture%252520379.jpg

Picture%252520391.jpg

Thats all Folks, hopefully i'll have a new report in the week, take it squeezy peeps, & have a good week,

Gaggles OUT

(comments welcome)

Evenin Herdsters,
Been doing lots of fiddly stuff on the front winglets. I made two vents with small wings inside, i may also edge the back side vent and add some small details at a later date. But i'm pleased with the results, what do you guys think?

And i realise that painting is going to be a bugger, just flat black with maybe some dry brushing on the tips of the wings.

Need to start pulling wires and deciding on lighting locations, any ideas people?

Picture%252520403.jpg

Picture%252520414.jpg

Picture%252520438.jpg

Picture%252520448.jpg

Picture%252520447.jpg

Picture%252520454.jpg

Thanks for looking,

Gag

Gags, I love this build. Those winglets looks just right.

I couldn't even begin to thing how to light this thing. Just go with some ideas and see if you like them.

On the topic of paint. Are you still going down the Red Bull route? If so, perhaps a royal blue would be more suitable and you might consider making some decals. Big decals. :)

Greatings fellow addicts,

Thanks for the comments guys, i realy appreciate them.

Igard@ Here's the plan with lights :- I've got 3 stobes, 1 under the nose, the other two on the wings some where, either the front central tips or on the outside of the rockets/engines.
- I've got 3 flashers, 1 on the left wing(red), 1 on the right (green) & the third is the dilema, i want flashing in the cockpit, but also the two 'mandibles' on the front would look good flashing?
I want to put about 5 or 6 in each engine/rocket & maybe a combo of light sheet and lots of fiber optics in the cockpit with some flashers.

I think you can also over do the lights, and as i always have a thought about realism with my ship the ones i've chosen seem Ok but maybe a few static 'positioning lights' would also look ok.

As for paint, i was thinking of a Red Bull can type of a paint job, opposite Quarters Metallic Blue and silver, with the undersside maybe a bit darker silver or light grey, not decided yet, any thoughts guys?
May be some allcad would add a 'Metallic sheen' to the colours, not sure as i've never used Allcad.
You can buy some cool after market decals for the various Red Bull Motor Racing teams out there, but on the top i was going to try to mask the logo, but make it a little 'Futured Up' ? ;) Watch this space.

The top central section of the ship has been bothering me lately. Mainly because it was a bit out of square (about 1/8"), so i ripped it off, regretted it instantly, but then realised that i'm still building so it can all change again if what i build doesn't 'go' . It is still a bit twisted but not as bad as it was?

The new section has taken some interest away from the profile, but i think overall it will be O.K when the winglets are complete & the top front section of the main wing is added later.

Picture%252520464.jpg

Picture%252520468.jpg

This is with the detail 'tubs' dry fit in place, the new sides will be cleaned up later.

Picture%252520481.jpg

Picture%252520482.jpg

Then i added some detail to the 2 'tubs'

Picture%252520488.jpg

Picture%252520490.jpg

Picture%252520491.jpg

Picture%252520492.jpg

Picture%252520495.jpg

Thats all folks, comments welcome

Gag O'Wan Nylonobie

A nice little update and I do agree, you can over do it with the lights.

Just catching up on this thread...those intakes look wicked and the wings & greeblies are just awesome.

Man, I love how work like this looks in primer. Really well done.

Sup Peepsters,

Thanks for the comments guys it means alot ;D, i find it very motivational to log on and see your comments plus the insperation i get from all of the other builds on this forum.

Enough waffle, (mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm waffles) I re-did the nasty side pieces on the top, they were too cracked up for my taste. The new ones also cracked but its not as bad as before plus i re-shaped them a bit and now they fit better. I think i will be able to cover up the cracks later with greeblies. I'm making this up as i go along you know.??!!?? Well, i have a basic vision of what the various parts should look like but as for specifics, i'm fly'in blind on this one. Is that bad, should i have a more detailed plan? Half the fun for me as an engineer loves solving the problems as i go, i'm havin so much fun. Sorry more waffel (mmmmmmmm-oh stop it?)

Everything in position.

Picture%252520497.jpg

This picture is for you Scott, i'm very happy with how it looks. A bit of weathering and Bingo.

Picture%252520521.jpg

I then started filling in the back section, i plan to put a 'Towing Hitch Stabilization Device' (well thats what i'm gunna call it) on this back face, i have designed a new type of hitch that i think would be some what feezable in 500+ years time on a space tug/delivery truck thinga-ma-jig.

Picture%252520504.jpg

Picture%252520506.jpg

Picture%252520511.jpg

I then cleaned all the edges.

Picture%252520513.jpg

Picture%252520515.jpg

I painted the side intakes on the front winglets. I realy suck at painting so this might get ugly folks.!!!!

Picture%252520517.jpg

The overspray was caused by me having to vary the angle of the airbrush to hit all the inside surfaces, well thats my excuse and i'm sticking to it! I just noticed that i missed a spot or 3 (I really really suck at painting), i knew i should of painted them before installing them , but knowing me the mess with black superglue finger prints all over the shop would not of been good look for this ship. I can all ways give it another coat of paint later. There's always later.

Thats all for tonight, sorry its a long one, i'm still thinking about my lights, the positioning and insallation methods i'm gunna use. Any ideas would be most welcome?

As always, thanks for looking and comments always welcome.

Cheers,

The McGagster.

Latest posts

Back